Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/20 03:07
I got to know him 2 and half years back, he left last fri for a new assignment back to Tokyo.

I do not know since when this started, my feelings for him grown deeper. The time when I received the news of his transfer, my heart struck dead silence sad.
All I know I have been crying for the past weeks , every night of him leaving the country.

We work together in the same dept, he is senior.

How do you know if a guy does have feelings for you ?
I'm too shy to ask, during the last day he met me before his flight. It was pretty silence chat.

I dropped him an SMS hinting him I find myself having special feeling for him just last fri after we parted before his flight.

But received non reply. Does it means he is not interested ?

Or did I miss the chance the build the relationship when he was around for the last 2 years...

How does Japanese guys reacts to relationship , are they okay for girl to initiate ?
by En (guest)  

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/20 13:43
He was in your country (your senior/boss at work) for 2.5 years, and just about when he was about to leave, you realized that you had deep feelings for him? But while he was in your country, you never approached him in that way?

I believe you missed the chance. He returned home, and you never know if he is going to be on another assignment, maybe to another city in Japan, or to some other country. Now it will be too late for you to initiate anything. Sorry to hear of your situation but you need to get over your feelings and move on.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/21 16:45
You had 2 1/2 YEARS to make your move. You HINT at you liking him RIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT THE COUNTRY? Think about it. He has nothing to gain from answering. Unfortunately, you acted way way way too late. Best to try and get over it quickly.
by CherryLemonLime rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/21 21:44
if you know him, you are sure he is single.
if you know the place(the company) where he is working in Japan, and if you have enough money to travel to Japan,
take a holiday for one week, go to Japan, and vist his company.
you will know the answer.
I don't think it is too late.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/22 06:53
I wouldn't do what "ken" say to visit him at his company. But I don't think it's too late to express yourself. If he knows, sure why not visit japan to see him. See is he felt the same way before going all the way there to see him. The last thing you want to do is arrived there to see someone you like and to find out they don't feel the same way.
I'd say, give him a call or message first and see if you guys are on the same page. Then make plans :)
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/22 10:00
It's interesting how everyone is ignoring the fact that he's her BOSS.

Not a good idea. I wouldn't bother any more. What if you lost your job because he took it the wrong way? It also doesn't sound like he was giving you anything to go on in terms of a mutual crush. Best to leave it be.
by Amyranth rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/22 11:05
Probably because she doesn't say that he's her boss. She only says that he is her senior in the same department.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/22 21:21
are there any problems, if he was a boss ?

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/24 00:26
I look up upon him as a very good senior
(not my boss, JapANESE comp has a lots of hierachy :)- Still same as Ken, what's wrong with boss???)

In terms of work, I find him very much dependable, humbleness, trustable, protective and caring of his own team member, detail oriented, sensitive to environment, always considers other feelings and put other first before him. I can see that he put in a lot of effort in his work. Always trying to keep his team member up and motivated.

These values and strength are very much valuable and treasured.

It is the fact that i do admire him a lot and
It is the fact that he maybe reassigned to a different place. Perhaps yes, i can drop more him on my fb. I do wish to travel to JP. Thanks Ken and the guy who told me to make plans.

Just two days back, i went to the place where we parted, idling for two hours, did I did anything wrong?

All I wish for is the best of him in his new assignment and always smile, to take a break when required.
by En (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/24 01:14
You're welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope before making plans, see if he likes you back.

The way you talked about him seems like he's just being a good senior helping out his juniors. Is there more to him that you know. Personal life or mutual feelings not related to work only?

Good luck. Also I'm not a guy and the word "Jap" isn't nice ;)
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/24 10:32
Oh gosh Didn't realize it,
did a google search, it's Inaappropriate to use. Instead should use J-xxxx or Japanese.

Always good to have someone of the same thoughts sharing.

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/24 18:57
in Japan, it often happens that a young girl likes her boss. sometimes love starts from respect.
I think she has realized that he is indispensable, after he left from her.

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/26 03:33
Perhaps yes or no or a matter of respect. Maybe it's only my side of feeling. Today again, looking at the seat opposite me just makes me cry.

It takes two hand to clap, if a guy does like someone, irregardless of where he is \ what he is doing, he will take the initiative and built up the relationship :)

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/26 10:03
you should call him or come to Japan to meet him.

I think you are working in the company which was established by a Japanese company.
Is there another Japanese, who preferably has a higher position(or a higher age) than him ?
If there is, tell that person what you are feeling about him ? if you can get a help of that person, your next action may be easier.
sometimes, that person may call him and may try to have some information (what he is doing in Japan. what he feels,when he comes back to Japan. etc.)

Re: Confuse, he just left last friday 2014/4/26 11:45
I really disagree with ken advice. Don't get other people involved. Especially collegues or a boss. It's so unprofessional and needy. If someone feels strongly about you, they will take the time to call, message, or even go back to see you. If you have his phone, why not give a call to see how's he is doing. By the way, Do you even know if he's single or not? Or like you at all? You don't want to fly there to be told he doesn't feel the same.
by SS (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread