Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trafica card for non flat fare kyoto 2014/4/20 14:44
1. How does one pay using the Trafica card for non flat fare buses? This is when you have to compute your fare by comparing the slip of paper and the electronic display in the front of the bus.

2. New flat fare fee is now 230 yen? Not 220 yen? The day passes didn't seem to have increased in price so I was wondering if my understanding was correct.

3. In the bus stop, is any bus numbered 100, 101, 102 automatically a Raku loop bus? Or does the Raku bus have a separate bus stop vs. the regular inner city buses?

4. Am I correct in assuming the day pass can be used on Raku buses?

Thank you.

by lalainec2003  

Re: Trafica card for non flat fare kyoto 2014/4/20 17:57
How does one pay using the Trafica card for non flat fare buses?

You enter the card into the machine when entering and when exiting the bus.

2. New flat fare fee is now 230 yen? Not 220 yen?

That's right.

The day passes didn't seem to have increased in price so I was wondering if my understanding was correct.

Yes, your understanding is correct.

In the bus stop, is any bus numbered 100, 101, 102 automatically a Raku loop bus?

Raku buses are not loop buses. You may confuse them with the bus lines in the 200 range. The bus lines in the 100 range are targeted at tourists, but frankly it does not make sense to distinguish them. Just look up which bus line is most convenient for you and use it, regardless if it is a bus line numbered 100, 200, 10 or 1.

Or does the Raku bus have a separate bus stop vs. the regular inner city buses?

No, they use the same stops. But they skip some stops. However, they tend to be less frequent than buses in the 200 range, so sometimes they are not as convenient.

Am I correct in assuming the day pass can be used on Raku buses?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Trafica card for non flat fare kyoto 2014/4/20 19:42
Thank you, Uji.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Trafica card for non flat fare kyoto 2014/4/22 12:53
Can I split the payment if the Trafica card does not have enough balance? Pay 100 yen with the remaining balance in Trafica and 130 yen in cash, so that total can be flat fare of 230 yen.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread