Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Too cold? 2014/4/21 14:27
Hello there everyone/minasan,

Just wondering if you think it's cold to let a 5 year friendship go. I've known a male friend for about that long and he always tells me that I'm one of his good friend because he's known me longer than everyone else and I'm patient to accept his random outburst at times. As a friend, I always listen to his problem, cheer him up, give advice, and even let him lash out at me at times.Like lending a shoulder to cry on for my friends here. He often delete me from his facebook, skype, line, then add me back on. I always attempt to make sure he's o.k because he often get depressed. He said he felt jealous whenever he see's me and my boyfriend picture together. He assure me that there's not romantic interest towards me and I'm just a really close friend like a sister to him. He removed me again out of the blues, maybe seeing my picture of me and my boyfriend again. I always tell him just because I'm with my boyfriend, I don't forget my friends. He's the only one out of my friends that does that and often get depressed removing himself out of the blues. Then wait for me to message or call him. I kind of feel a little tired because I always attempt to see if he's o.k and try to keep the friendship.I can't count how many times he's done this and have a random outburst. Is it too cold to let this friendship go? I know he's probably waiting for me to say something, but he's been doing that for the longest time. If you were me, what would you do the same thing or would you want to keep the friendship by calling him?
by Ada (guest)  

Re: Too cold? 2014/4/21 14:46
In this case I think you should take a step back and let him know your thoughts. If it is too much for you, just never contact him again.
by SameMe rate this post as useful

Re: Too cold? 2014/4/21 15:26
Delete me permanently if you both are not physical friends.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Too cold? 2014/4/21 16:49
No, it's not cold at all. The fact that you put up with that kind of behavior for so long is crazy. Despite what he claims, there's no way that guy does not have some sort of romantic feelings for you. Friendship is a two way street, but it seems like your side is much much bigger. I'd suggest you tell him his behavior has been completely unacceptable for someone who is supposedly a friend, and then immediately cut contact.
by CherryLemonLime rate this post as useful

Re: Too cold? 2014/4/28 07:52
@tokyofriend
what do you mean? If I know in person. Yes.

@same and cherrylemonlime
thank you. Same response, so i think it's best to let this one go. A little less negativity in my life.
by Ada (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Too cold? 2014/4/29 02:12
Your so called friend has some serious issues. Better get away from him before it's too late is my advice.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

reply to this thread