Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

the different Sannomiya stations 2014/4/21 23:11
There are about 4 or 5 lines stopping at Sannomiya. Are the station names different for JR, Hanshin, Hankyu and subway? From Osaka to Kobe, JR is supposed to be faster but when I check the route in Hyperdia, it is confusing for me (too many transfers). Perhaps I'm putting in the wrong station name and JR station in Sannomiya has a different name?
Thank you.
by lalainec2003  

Re: the different Sannomiya stations 2014/4/22 10:34
The station names are different, but it's easy to choose in Hyperdia. For example, JR Sannomiya station is listed as Sannomiya(JR) while Hanshin is listed as Sannomiya(Hanshin), etc.

JR is faster, but it depends on the departure time and overall you're talking about a few minutes here and there. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3554.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: the different Sannomiya stations 2014/4/22 10:59
thanks yllwsmrf, there is another station called "Kobe Sannomiya". Is this another railway?
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: the different Sannomiya stations 2014/4/22 11:08
Yes, that's Hankyu's Sannomiya Station. But I wouldn't worry about it to much. They're essentially all connected.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread