Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About Koyasan World Heritage Ticket 2014/4/22 06:49
Hi,

I am planning a round trip OSAKA-KOYASAN-OSAKA, but it is not clear for me if the Koyasan World Heritage Ticket is valid for the whole way back.

I say that because when reading about it here at japan-guide, it says that the ticked does not fully cover the way back: "The 'regular version' of the ticket is valid on all trains along the Nankai Koya Line except limited express trains, while the "limited express version" allows the ticket holder to also ride a limited express train from Osaka to Gokurakubashi (BUT NOT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION).".

Does it mean that from GOKURAKUBASHI to OSAKA I will have to pay the regular fare?

I know it doesnLt make much sense, since it suppose to be a round trip ticket, but it is the information that the japan-guide provides.
by Andre Matias  

Re: About Koyasan World Heritage Ticket 2014/4/22 10:53
I am planning a round trip OSAKA-KOYASAN-OSAKA, but it is not clear for me if the Koyasan World Heritage Ticket is valid for the whole way back.

It fully covers the round trip.

I say that because when reading about it here at japan-guide, it says that the ticked does not fully cover the way back: "The 'regular version' of the ticket is valid on all trains along the Nankai Koya Line except limited express trains, while the "limited express version" allows the ticket holder to also ride a limited express train from Osaka to Gokurakubashi (BUT NOT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION).".

That means that you only get to ride the limited express on the outward journey only. On the return journey you have to take the regular trains.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: About Koyasan World Heritage Ticket 2014/4/22 11:29
Thanks for the hand, yllwsmrf.
by Andre Matias rate this post as useful

reply to this thread