Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2020 Olympics Location Vs accomodations 2014/4/24 07:31
We need help please! We are trying to plan for the 2020 games but don't know which cities to look at for lodging. We want to plan as many day trips around the games as we can. Do you think Mt. Fuji will too crowded during that time frame? How far in advance can we book tours? PS, I love reading and learning from these postings!
by US friends  

Re: 2020 Olympics Location Vs accomodations 2014/4/24 12:23
2020 Tokyo Olympic Games are held between July 24 and August 9(Paralympic games between August 25 and September 6) in 22 fields and stadiums. The main stadium is the National Olympic Stadium(West). The most games are held in Tokyo Bay area(South-East side). I recommend you to book your accommodation in east, south or center of Tokyo include Yokohama. You can still commute to the south east side within 40-60 mins if your accommodation locates in west.

Mt Fuji climbing.
The most huts begin it booking in May. Some huts begin in April, some huts begin in June. An early hut booking is essential unless you join in a climbing tour.
It's a peak time for Mt Fuji climbing season.
Book your hut or tour first, then book your transportation. The transportation can be arranged easily(there are many buses leaves for Mt Fuji daily during this time of season).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2020 Olympics Location Vs accomodations 2014/4/24 12:37
For Mount Fuji, you don't actually NEED to book a hut at all. They are there, but it's perfectly okay to climb the mountain without staying in the huts.

As far as crowds go, I think it's safe to assume a place as famous and iconic as Mount Fuji will DEFINITELY be crowded during the Tokyo Olympic period.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: 2020 Olympics Location Vs accomodations 2014/4/24 13:35
Thank-you very much. If you could suggest a "NON" traditional place for some one to visit, "What would it be"?
by US friends rate this post as useful

reply to this thread