Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 15:20
hello everyone,
Can you plz tell me how much it costs for a 3 years old son's health insurance annually.
Thanks
Shambhu
by Jee shambhu  

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 17:06
in Japan ?
free, if a parent is a resident of Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 17:48
Well, I am going to stay in Tokyo for two years on work visa. In that case..... is it free for my child?
by Jee shambhu rate this post as useful

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 18:12
If you join in the national insurance(public), your fees are calculated on the wage basis and divided by the number of your family members.
If you join in the company's insurance(private), (normally) you have no additional fees for your children. The fee is calculated on your wage basis.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 18:14
if you work in Japan, you should pay health insurance which contains dependent's insurance. your health insurance payment is tax deductible. when you, your wife(I think she come to Japan), or your son will be sick, the health insurance covers 70% of medical treatment. (the coverage is as same as Japanese people.) if you pay more than 100000 yen for medical payment in one year, some are tax deductible.
dependents = your wife and your son
the amount of the health insurance will be estimated by your income, not by number of persons.

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 18:30
ya. tokyo friend 48 is correct. if you join national health insurance, it is not free for dependents, but cheap. if the company hires you, it is free for dependents.

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/24 18:41
again improvement,sorry. the health insurance for the child under elementary school covers 80% of medical treatment.

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/25 00:55
Thank God! Something is free in Japan !!!!!! Anyway, are there some other things free in Japan which normally an expat might not be knowing..?
Thanks for your inputs...

by shambhu Jee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: health insurance for my 3 years old son 2014/4/25 12:07
It's actually not "free". It's included in your insurance payment. Ask more info about the insurance scheme where you work. Private insurances are slightly different each.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread