Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 12:57
So this is coming from a Chinese guy in Singapore. there's this japanese high schoolgirl who boards the same bus as me but 3 stops later n I am really interested in getting to know her. The problem is for the past 3months she gave me subtle signs of interest like glancing eye contacts, sitting close to me. But being a shy guy, I didn't dare to talk to her. After a month of holidays, she's back again so I decided to go to her bus stop n talk to her which I did n kinda screwed up in a comical way then the bus arrived n we sat separately.
The thing is even after that, I went back to her bus stop about a week after,
She still notice me from the corner of her eye but kinda avoid me though the bus came straight after she arrived. So I'm just wondering if she is very shy or is no longer interested..
by stereogum  

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 13:26
Hard to say. Well the next time you see her, try starting a conversation with her. Just something very simple.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 13:37
Well to add on, those subtle signs of interest are no longer there when we're on the bus. She no longer takes glances to look at me at least not without me noticing.

The first time I approached her at her bus stop, she smiles frequently and replied very politely. Should I try again and go to her bus stop? I'm really afraid I would scare her as I did that prior to what I had just posted(looking from the corner of her eye n avoiding).

Are japanese girls very guarded and cautious?
by stereogum rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 13:45
It sounds like you made a really bad first impression on her and she lost whatever interest she had in you. Time to move on.
by sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:05
Well, you can at least try again. Wouldn't hurt to say "hi". By the way, what did you do to scare her?

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:37
Eh well the only thing I did was going to her bus stop n initiating a conversation. I kinda tried to introduced myself in Japanese and kinda blanked out before asking her whether she speaks English. She did smile n reply but the convo ended abruptly as the bus arrived n I was that nervous that I boarded the bus first so we sat separately, I did say bye to her when I got off though.

So today I went to her bus stop, she only looked at me from the corner of her eye.

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:46
So do you smile and acknowledge her presence when you see her or do you just give her furtive glances when you think she's not looking? If it's the latter, she probably thinks of you as a stalker. Try smiling the next time you see her.

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:48
I'm wondering whether I should give it another shot tmr though but probably just walk up n talk to her the moment I see her. Or will that spook her out? Zzz I'm at a loss..

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:49
I guess it's the latter.. cause I thought she didn't see me..

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:56
Next time you see her, make eye contact and smile. If she looks away or doesn't smile back then it's time to give up.

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 14:59
Okay.So should I still go to her bust stop tmr like I did today?

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 15:00
Shit, Sry Autocorrect..I mean bus*..

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 15:04
Lol you screwed up here too . Jk
Anyway, just smile and give a slight hi wave next time. Don't try too hard or you might scare her again. You go to the same school or something?

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/5/8 15:13
No, but we always board the same bus just different bus stops. I noticed her like the end of last year.

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/4 13:28
I agree with the first comment. Try to strike up another conversation about anything really. Avoid being awkward, listen to her when she talks, and try to make small talk (keep it going). Good luck!
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/4 23:33
maybe you can eat some snacks(pocky or something) n offer her some while waiting for the bus

good luck
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/5 00:07
oh I talked to her a month ago lol. The thing is she cant really speak english.. So there is a language barrier. But anyways, she doesn't really seem interested through her body language.
by stereogum (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/5 00:21
unlike Chinese or Korean i find easy to finger out at the end and American UK and so on women who easy to understand. but Japanese women is almost like trying to decode the the da vinci code. wish you luck there my friend

i say try one more time to talk to her if she does not want to talk or she to shy, its not your fault, let her continue to play her game and let her make the next move and move on.
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/5 00:48
Okay dude, i looked over some old comments and you got the the bus first????? you have to let her get on first no matter how bad it is or was

a guy on youtube who lived in Japan made a mistake in talking in Japanese to a japanese girl and use the wrong word and she never spoke to him again, after his japanese family he lived with told him what he really said. he mistakenly use 1 word that sound the same as another word.

your loseing point badly,

say good morning to her, then let her reply
ask how shes doing this morning, let her reply, remember its all about her at the start.

when the bus arrive let her get on first and if you two are still talking sit next to her.

Good Luck on the second try
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to know if a japanese girl likes me 2014/6/5 08:38
Well I alrdy tried thrice talking to her. the second was in english, she had a hard time understanding n the third i spoke in japanese but she replied me in english, kinda one word replies -_-.

So currently, I kinda waved to her sometimes on the bus when she made light eye contact, she reciprocates with a light smile n ya that's probably it.
by stereogum (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread