Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to Kawaguchi and Gotemba 2014/6/12 16:58
Hi everyone,
Im planning a day trip from Tokyo, to Lake Kawaguchi, and followed by Gotemba (the premium outlet), then back to Tokyo at the same day, from Gotemba. But, so far, I found difficulties finding bus/train from Kawaguchi to Gotemba. Any advice would be appreciated. I prefer to go to Lake Kawaguchi by train (rather than bus). Thank you.
by gisela (guest)  

Re: Day trip to Kawaguchi and Gotemba 2014/6/12 22:48
Home page of English was not found.
From the bus terminal on the other side of Hakone side of the Gotenba station, bus stops by Kawaguchiko depart.
Kawaguchiko station i‰ΝŒϋŒΞ‰wj
Gotenba stationiŒδ“aκ‰wj
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/jikokuhyo/01.html

by haro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Kawaguchi and Gotemba 2014/6/12 23:51
Thanks Haro!!!

that really a help (with additional google translate web). I'm less clueless now..one more thing:
what is the different between
Œδ“aκ‰wi’…j
and
Œδ“aκ‰wi”­j

also:
•xŽm‹}ƒnƒCƒ‰ƒ“ƒhi‚‘¬ƒoƒX’β)
and
•xŽm‹}ƒnƒCƒ‰ƒ“ƒhi˜HόƒoƒX’βj

is there 2 different bus stop in Fujikyu?

Thanks again!
by gisela (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Kawaguchiko and Gotemba 2014/6/13 00:20
Some terms in the bus timetables
: ’… ... arrival
: ”­ ... departure
: ˜HόƒoƒX ... route bus other than ‚‘¬ƒoƒX
: ‚‘¬ƒoƒX ... highway bus (= bus on route including expressway section)
: ƒoƒX’β ... bus stop

By the way, "Kawaguchi" usually refers to Kawaguchi City [ μŒϋŽs ] in Saitama Prefecture.
Unlike Mt. Fuji [Fujisan] (which is sometimes called simply "Fuji"), we call Lake Kawaguchi not "Kawaguchi" but "Kawaguchiko"; the town around the lake is Town of Fujikawaguchiko.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Kawaguchi and Gotemba 2014/6/13 00:29
I see, I notice the "Kawaguchi" and "Kawaguchiko" every time I click on search in Google maps. My trip is actually to Kawaguchiko, not to Saitama area, thanks for the enlightenment anyway.

So, the high speed bus stop should mean the bus goes through expressway/highway, am I right?
by gisela (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread