Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need clarifications for Kanto Area Pass 2014/6/20 22:09
I plan to use Kanto Area Pass to cover my trip to Kawaguchiko, Nikko and Karuizawa. In between I may use it to cover additional area such as Kawagoe, Kamakura, and Kinugawa Onsen.

I am confused as some of the area show are covered by JR East Pass and not Kanto Pass.
Annoucements from the JR East that said: The tickets sold from 1-Apr-2014. The following limited express trains that directly run between JR East Lines and Tobu Railway lines: such as the Nikko,the Spacia Nikko, Kinugawa and Spacia Kinugawa.Also local train between Shimo-Imaichi and Tobu/Nikko.

What does it refers to? Does it mean the Kanto Pass covers on those Ltd Exp train mentioned above?

Can I use this pass on the following:
1. Omiya to Kawagoe by JR Saikyo Line Rapid

2. Nikko to Kinugawa Onsen by Tobu Skytree line/Tobu Kinugawa line / Ltd Exp Kinugawa?

3. Can I use this pass to take on Narita Express from Tokyo to Yokohama?

Pls advise the best travel itinerary to maximize the Kanto Pass usage. I am based in Tokyo and will make it as a day trip.

Your response is greatly appreciated as I would love to visit Kinugawa Onsen .

Thank you.
Regards
Christine
by Christine Chong (guest)  

Re: Need clarifications for Kanto Area Pass 2014/6/21 10:24
Annoucements from the JR East that said: The tickets sold from 1-Apr-2014. The following limited express trains that directly run between JR East Lines and Tobu Railway lines: such as the Nikko,the Spacia Nikko, Kinugawa and Spacia Kinugawa.Also local train between Shimo-Imaichi and Tobu/Nikko.

What does it refers to?

The direct limited express trains between Shinjuku and Nikko/Kinugawa (about 4 round trips per day) and the local trains between Tobu-Nikko and Kinugawa.

Does it mean the Kanto Pass covers on those Ltd Exp train mentioned above?

Yes. Since April 2014 they are also covered by the Kanto Area Pass.

Can I use this pass on the following:
1. Omiya to Kawagoe by JR Saikyo Line Rapid

Yes.

2. Nikko to Kinugawa Onsen by Tobu Skytree line/Tobu Kinugawa line / Ltd Exp Kinugawa?

Yes.

3. Can I use this pass to take on Narita Express from Tokyo to Yokohama?

Yes. Free seat reservations are mandatory.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread