Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sunrise Seto 2014/7/1 08:33
1)Just want to double check that SUNRISE SETO is included on Japan Rail Pass? Any additional charges?

2)If you take the "Nobi Nobi" seats, is there room to put luggage somewhere or near by?

3)I don't think its enough time (less then 24hours) from when I arrive to reserve seats from Tokyo-Himeji. But does anyone know if 7 days advance notice is enough time for Himeji back to Tokyo? (This will be about Nov 24, 2014)

It would be nice if this works because I would have extra time in Japan.

Thanks for you answers ^^
by Koohii2wii  

Re: Sunrise Seto / Izumo 2014/7/1 20:53
SUNRISE SETO is included on Japan Rail Pass?

Basically no.
Nevertheless, a Japan Rail Pass holder can have a ride in a Nobi Nobi Seat of a Sunrise Seto / Izumo because it is not regarded as a sleeping birth. That is a trick which does not appear in a JR rulebook. Actually there is no such explanation on Japan Rail Pass website.
A Sleeper Limited Express Sunrise Seto / Izumo is mostly composed of sleeping births, concerning which any passenger should pay both Limited Express charge and birth charge.

If you take the "Nobi Nobi" seats, is there room to put luggage somewhere or near by?

That depends on the amount of your luggage and the size of you yourself.
http://www.jr-odekake.net/train/sunriseseto_izumo/img/accommo_05.jpg
I suppose a Nobi Nobi Seat has no space designed especially for luggage, except a narrow space for small items.
There are no partition walls to completely separate Nobi Nobi Seats.

But does anyone know if 7 days advance notice is enough time for Himeji back to Tokyo?
(This will be about Nov 24, 2014)

I hear Sunrise Seto + Izumo trains are still popular. I recommend you would not rely only on a chance to reserve a Nobi Nobi Seat.

November 24, 2014 will be a public holiday because the national holiday November 23 will fall on a Sunday. That will practically expand the weekend from Saturday, November 22.
So, I suppose there might be many travelers who try to reserve a Nobi Nobi Seat in Sunrise Seto + Izumo trains starting on November 21 - 24, 2014.

One set of Sunrise Seto + Izumo has only 56 Nobi Nobi Seats.
A Nobi Nobi Seat requires a Limited Express charge, which can be covered by a Japan Rail Pass, but it does not require a birth charge because it is not regarded as a sleeping birth. The Limited Express charge is up to 3960 yen, and is less than a Shinkansen additional charge by about 2000 yen for a ride from Himeji to Tokyo.

Just for your information: Sunrise Seto + Izumo trains, when they are bound for Tokyo, make stops at Sannomiya Station (in Kobe) and Osaka Station a little after the midnight, which they skip when they run westbound. They always skip Shin-Osaka Station and Kyoto Station.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Dear WEBMASTER 2014/7/1 21:04
Sorry, mistakenly beginning the message with a qe tag seems to have caused too-large characters. Please italicize the first sentence correctly.

Re: Sunrise Seto 2014/7/1 22:01
omotenashi
Your detailed responses are appreciated in the spirit of omotenashi.
I'm not the original post-er but allow me to correct one word in your reply.
You meant'berth' not 'birth, otherwise JR has to offer 'baby delivery' service.
by Yet Another (guest) rate this post as useful

Correction 2014/7/2 00:18
Dear Yet Another, thanks for pointing out typos!
I happened to mistype "berth" as "birth" presumably due to the same pronunciation, and my spelling checker overlooked "birth" because unfortunately it was correctly spelled as another word which could match the situation....

Re: Sunrise Seto 2014/7/3 05:04
OH did not know that would follow on a holiday.... That answers my questions then. Thanks so much everyone!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread