Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting Hokkaido in July end 2014/7/2 12:18
Hi All,

I am planning to visit Hokkaido from 24th - 27th July.
Will be staying in Furano/Biei area for these 3 days.

Would really appreciate if someone can suggest the best places to go 'in and around' Furano/Biei area, during these 3 days.
Secondly I checked that there is a nice National Park near to this area, called: 'Daisetsuzan'. Can a one day trip be done from Furano area to Daisetsuzan national park ?
Kindly inform about the major attractions in Daisetsuzan which can be seen in a day ?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and for taking time reading/replying to this post.

Regards,
Ravi.
by ravi0211  

Re: Visiting Hokkaido in July end 2014/7/2 18:30
I just got back from Hokkaido few days ago.

As for Furano and Biei, it depends on what kind of transport mode mode you going to use.
I did cycling in Biei with a friend of mine and we traveled 40km. However we were unfortunate that in June most of the flowers arent there except as certain small flower farm. If you want to do the cycling, you can ask for a 'recommended' scenic route map for cycling at the visitor center near JR stn. You can rent bicycle there too (prices varies from mamacharis to race bicycle). *we skipped Furano as we were upset with Biei luck.
So i would recommend you to do cycling in Furano and Biei, or you can opt for sightseeing bus.

As for Daisetsuzan park, it is quite huge. We only went for hiking Asahidake and spent the day there (+onsen rest after coming down). We were based in Asahikawa, and took the bus from JR there. I would expect you need to get to Asahikawa stn and then take a bus as well as im not sure if theres direct bus from Furano/Biei to Daisetsuzan.
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Hokkaido in July end 2014/7/2 18:36
I forgot to mention at least for Biei, its nature everywhere, so its like you can see nice scenery along your way by the side of the road. Of course there are special farms like Shinkisai Hills that has nice flowers being organized nicely that you can consider a visit or have a lunch stop, and you can also stop by bluewater pond (nothing much here other than the skyblue color water pond with old trees in the pond)
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Hokkaido in July end 2014/7/3 05:16
Some ideas of visit bear Biei:http://www.soleilrouge.org/hokkaado-paysages-remarquables

Near Furano, you can visit "Ningle terrace":http://www.soleilrouge.org/hokkaido-descente-a-furano.

Have a nice trip!
by fuchan29 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread