Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo 4 day itinerary 2014/7/2 22:20
Hi there, I'm planning to visit Japan on 10th till 20th july, with first 4 days in Tokyo.

Here is my planned itinerary:
10th thursday
- Arrive in Haneda (12.30am very early, so spending the night in the airport
-Asakusa (with Hozuki Ichi fair)
-Edo tokyo museum
-Akihabara
-Shinjuku
11th friday
-Tsukiji Fish Market
-Imperial palace
-Ginza
-Odaiba and Ooedo onsen
12th saturday
-Kamakura
-Yokohama
-Kawasaki
at night - Kuki chochin matsuri in Saitama
13th sunday
-Meiji shrine
-Yoyogi park
-Harajuku
-Shibuya
-at night - Chidorigafuchi toro nagashi and mittama matsuri in Chiyoda, then take night bus to kyoto

I go back to friend's place in ikebukuro for refreshing up before night trips to festivals

Do you think the itinerary is okay?
And there is the Ueno Summer festival going on from 12th onwards, and mizudome-no-mai on 14th, is it worth for me to stay an extra day in Tokyo?I have remaining 5 days for Osaka and kyoto trip until my flight from KIX on 20th.

Thanks in advance! :)
by Mark (guest)  

Re: Tokyo 4 day itinerary 2014/7/4 17:23
Day one depends on how much of Shinjuku and Akihabara you want to see and experience. It feels a bit rushed to me.
Day Two is busy but Ok if you are a fast paced traveller.
Day Three definitely way too busy. Kamakura & Yokohama make for a nice full day combo, but don't expect to have time for anything else than that, skip Kawasaki unless you have something very specific to do there. Keep in mind that Saitama is far from Yokohama.
13th is Ok.
If you can spend one extra day in Tokyo definitely do it. 3 days in Kyoto + 1 in Osaka should be enough.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 4 day itinerary 2014/7/4 21:22
I agree to aerond's opinion for third day. I also recommend that you review the itinerary.
It is very crowded in Kuki in that day are expected. You should get there by sundown. To go to Kuki from Yokohama, it takes about 90 minutes via Shonan Shinjuku line.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread