Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/4 15:28
Hi guys! I'm an Aussie girl living in Japan. But I'm having a hard time understanding a Japanese guy that I've been dating/possibly in a relationship with.

I've know him for 5 months. I've seen him 4 times but we've been messaging daily since the night we met. We have been physical and he has stayed at my apartment. He even told me he loved me 6 weeks into it. I told him it was way too early for me to say that though.

I became frustrated because he never makes time for me and his messages started becoming less frequent. He told me he was busy but was still able to hang out with friends etc. When I asked him if his feelings had changed he told me I had the wrong idea and not to worry.

I tried telling him how I felt again 2 weeks ago and questioned what kind of relationship we are in. But now he has stopped speaking to me. I've sent another 6 messages since which he reads and never responds. (The emotions get to me and I can't help it)

I'm not sure if I hurt his feelings or if he is really just not worth my time. I really miss him though. And I can't move on because he hasn't said anything. Even after I apologised for all the messages.

Any thoughts?
by tillie83  

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/4 18:20
You've only met four times in 5 months and you say you're in a relationship? Does he live an unreasonable distance away? (Like Tokyo-Osaka?) It sounds like no matter what he says you were kind of a back-burner sex friend and now that you seem to have become emotionally involved he's backing away (saying he has no time to see you but is still hanging out with his friends tells you you are far down the priority list). Keep talking to him if you want but I wouldn't expect it to go anywhere.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/4 19:29
Not quite sure about the relationship but I don't think he will be back. You better to start the new way.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/4 23:48
First of all, how far does he live from you? Dating 5 months and only see eachother 4 times? If he lives close by I would say it's a booty call. Then again I may be wrong. Hmmm
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 01:46
i have to agree with everyone. i myself is still trying to understand Japan relationship and how it works.

he maybe a busy business guy or he maybe a college student or he maybe in a band group. i don't know

but its not a relationship if you only seen a person only 4 times in 5 months. like everyone said, how far does he live from you?

i say put on the baseball cap and some dark clothing and stalk/follow him for the day. maybe he has other girlfriends or girls as friends on the side and you were that fling.

wish you the best.oh yeah lose the feeling you have for him.
by SomeGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 07:04
Thanks everyone. My thoughts are the same. I was just needing that extra push to move on. He works and still studies at university. But I don't think it's a good excuse. Because we live an hour away. But it was fun for a while.
by tillie83 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 07:42
He only lives one hour away?

forget him, lesson learned and move on.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 07:59
He only lives an hour away? no excuse. That busy and studies thing is B.S. 5 months and only 4 meetings. Like Reprazent said, move on.

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 17:54
He even told me he loved me 6 weeks into it. I told him it was way too early for me to say that though.

Maybe he wished you said the same thing back to him?
by xyz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 21:53
Most Japanese men don't take foreigner girl seriously, thats a fact!
by JGirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/5 23:05

You can leave "Japanese" and "foreigner" out of that sentence.

Most men don't take women seriously. That's a fact!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/6 02:44
Most guys who are not serious will not take a girl seriously, that's a fact. There ya go.

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/6 03:34

You can leave "Japanese" and "foreigner" out of that sentence.

Most men don't take women seriously. That's a fact!

What about Japanese women or simply women? do they take men seriously?
by ?? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese guy stopped talking to me? 2014/7/6 08:22
It goes both way. Lesson learn.

by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread