Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/6 00:45
Anyone flown with either of these airlines to Japan? Ive never flown either anywhere and at the moment there is just a very tiny difference in price between the two. For some reason my instinct tells me JAL would be better but I don't know what I am basing that on :D
Any thoughts on which to book?
by Emdee  

Re: JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/6 08:45
I have flown both. JAL has by far the better service. Lufthansa flight attendants and customer service can be very bad. Lufthansa has the somewhat better food. JAL's food in economy class is horrible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/6 09:11
Maybe I'm just a very accomodating person, but I have found all major airlines I have flown long-distance with (KLM, Iberia, Delta, Lufthansa, ANA) to be pretty much the same, I would imagine JAL would be the same too (I will find out soon).

One measurable difference is that Lufthansa has in-flight Wi-Fi, which I personally enjoyed (JAL has it too, but on a smaller scale). On the other hand, JAL offers two pieces of checked baggage for free, though I would imagine travelling with two suitcases could be bothersome.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/6 16:07
Are the connections and arrival airport in Japan the same between the two airlines? I take either ANA or Lufthansa between Japan and Germany. Recently ANA and Lufthansa switched to flying in/out of Haneda airport (closer to central Tokyo). I find the food and service "good" on either of them.

I have observed that JAL flight attendants to be too focused on Japanese business travelers (particularly males), though this was not on Europe - Japan routes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/6 17:16
When I flew to Japan last year in economy class, the flight from Frankfurt to Tokyo was ANA and back was Lufthansa.

The seats on ANA looked really thick and comfy but weren't and I had back pain after only two hours (and still nine hours to go on that flight)

The seats on Lufthansa looked like jump seats. Really thin and cheap looking, but were surprisingly comfy. Like they were designed by someone who is actually familiar with human anatomy.

The service on ANA was great. Japanese level service and Lufthansa being German had German level service.

Can't comment on food. Was edible. ANA of course had a Japanese food option and lots of tea. But nothing ever tastes good at cruising altitude.
by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

Re: JAL or Lufthansa 2014/7/7 04:25
Thanks for the helpful input guys.
ANA is unfortunately too expensive and requires booking another flight from Prague somewhere else so I think ill just flip a coin between L & JAL seen as times etc are basically the same :)
Seems like there is not much difference.
Hope you all had a good weekend.
by Emdee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread