Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone- family bath/private use of onsen? 2014/7/9 09:37
Hi all,

My partner and I will be traveling to hakone for 2 nights in end sept. We wld prefer enjoying the onsen together. I tried looking for ryokans with private ensuite open air bath (rotenburo) that is affordable (ard $200-300) and managed to find this:

http://english.ichinoyu.co.jp/honkan/

I was looking at ichinoyu honkan or shinanoki ichinoyu. However, i heard that ryokan with rotenburo although nice but tends to be very small. Has anyone tried the above ryokans and hw big is the rotenburo? Or does anyone know of another affordable ryokan that has rotenburo?

Alternatively, i am interested in ryokan that provides family bath or private use of onsen (after hours). Can anyone recommend some good ones? I am interested in trying an open air bath since the weather wld be cooler in end sept.

Thanks all for ur help!
by Bella (guest)  

Re: Hakone- family bath/private use of onsen? 2014/7/9 12:08
lalaca at Gora (one of my favourite ryokans, especially recommend the Japanese/western rooms which are enormous and have big bathrooms) has a private bath, though I think it is inside. It has other gender specific baths inside, and tubs outside.

The water at Gora (and I expect Hakone generally) contains a lot of sulphur if you didn't know this already. It is good for your skin, but hard on the nose. Our kids wore their undies in the onsen, and we had to throw them out because we couldn't get rid of the smell.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone- family bath/private use of onsen? 2014/7/13 21:00
Hi,

Many thanks for your recommendation! I've looked it up but unfortunately lalaca is fully booked on the days I'll be in hakone.):

Anyone knows of any other recommendation? I saw some travel packages on Odakyu travel but it seems you have to from travel from Shinjuku. I want to travel from Nagoya and hakone back to Shinjuku. Anyone used the travel plans with Odakyu before and have any reviews?

https://www.odakyu-travel.co.jp/english/e-index.html

Thanks!
by Bella060 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread