Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama kurobe alpine ticket 2014/7/19 00:35
Hi,

I will be arriving at Nagoya on 4 Oct. I hope to visit the Tateyama Kurobe area and catch the Takayama Autumn festival, using the 8day Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Kippu.

Is the following itinerary possible with the 8day kippu?

4Oct- Nagoya
5Oct-Matsumoto
6-8 Oct-Kurobe/Murodo/Tateyama/Toyoma
9Oct- Takayama
10Oct-Kanazawa
11Oct-Toyama

Thank you.
by evecsm  

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine ticket 2014/7/19 12:47
Is the following itinerary possible with the 8day kippu?

No, you are not allowed to backtrack to Toyama, nor are you allowed to get off at Kanazawa, nor are you allowed to travel along the Takayama Line and Hokuriku Line.

If you were to purchase the "Hida Version" of the ticket, you weer allowed to make the trip to Toyama and then return to Nagoya via Takayama. But you cannot visit Kanazawa. And you are not allowed to backtrack to Toyama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine ticket 2014/7/19 20:10
Ok I see. Thank you very much!
by evecsm rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama kurobe alpine ticket 2014/9/2 00:27
Sorry to 'hijack' the thread.

I too, was thinking of purchasing a Tateyama Kurobe Alpine (TKA) ticket and use it to travel from Kyoto to Shinano omachi, traverse the alpine route and end up in Toyama.

From Toyama, I intend to travel to Shirakawago without the aid of the TKA ticket, and spend the night there. I will then travel to either Kanazawa or back to Toyama the next day without using the ticket still.

It's when I get to Kanazawa or Toyama that I intend to use the TKA ticket to make my way back to Kyoto.

Now my question is, can I do this?

What I plan is like doing the Alpine Route up until Toyama the first day, then continuing on back to where I started (Kyoto) the next day. And I'm wondering if it's feasible.
by i_dr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread