Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/24 20:58
Hi,I will travelling to Nagoya in September and wishes to buy the Kintetsu Pass Wide, as we are planning to travel to Osaka and this is the best discount ticket as far as I know. However, I will be arriving at Chubu airport at 8:30 pm. I read that MEITETSU TRAVEL PLAZA closes at 8 pm, so its impossible for me to buy there. However, I have a friend (a Japanese resident) who is coming home this August to the Philippines. Is it possible if she purchase the pass for me? Or are there other alternatives?
by Dat (guest)  

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 09:04
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 16:30
The webpage mentioned by the anonymous poster is for Kintetsu Rail Pass (normal version), not for Kintetsu Rail Pass wide which you plan to use.

These Kintetsu passes are available to only passengers who meet the conditions designated by Kintetsu. So, I suppose it is no wonder if purchasing any of these passes instead of someone else is prohibited, even when each of the two persons meets the conditions.
It seems a voucher for a Kintetsu Rail Pass wide is not available in your country.
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-1.html
http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-2.html

Arriving to Centrair [Central Japan International Airport] after 18:30, you cannot reach Kyoto Station by only Meitetsu + Kintetsu before 3:00.
If I were in your shoes and hoping to travel on a budget, I would discard the first airport access ticket, pay 870 yen to Meitetsu instead, save that amount by other means (for example by replacing a hotel meal by another meal) and check again whether the pass can still be cost-efficient.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 16:34
Purchaser of the Pass receive by himself/herself, and must be utilized. Therefore, you will not be able to ask to buy it to your friend.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Correction 2014/7/25 16:34
NOT
: It seems a voucher for a Kintetsu Rail Pass wide is not available in your country.
BUT
: I recommend you check, if you have not yet done, whether you can get a voucher for a Kintetsu Rail Pass wide outside Japan.

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 19:07
Dear all,

Thanks so much for the info. Guess I have to return to the airport on the next morning to buy the passes since there's no other way I could buy them. How I wish the agency selling those passes would extend their closing time. Too bad it closes at 20:00 at Chubu Airport, while in Kansai Airport it is open until 22:00.

Again, thank you for your replies.
by Dat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 19:19
By the way, since we are a group of 10, does anybody know if its possible that only me will go back to the airport and buy the passes, bringing the passports of the others? (Inorder to save cost of going to the airport)

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/25 21:53
The rules on the purchase of the Pass, it is required that presenting the passport of each person is required.

*For the KINTETSU RAIL PASS wide, your passport will be checked at the time of purchase.

I think that if you receive it on behalf of others is not possible, as there is only a means to put up at a hotel for the night near the airport.
Toyoko Inn
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00148/index.html
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Could NOT buy Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/26 07:56
At KIX (Kansai airport) the travel desk did not have the wide version, only the regular Kintetsu Pass for Y3800 (more with new tax?)
You had better buy it at the Kintetsu Nagoya station.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/26 08:22
I was in Nagoya last month and make the mistake of not buying the pass back home. The Kintetsu Pass must be purchased from the Meitetsu Travel Desk at Nagoya Chubu Airport, the Kintetsu Rail staff says they do not sell this pass at Kintetsu Nagoya. The difference between Kintetsu Wide and Kintetsu Normal is very slight, main difference is that you get to ride some of the buses for free in the Ise/Toba area. Kintetsu Wide at Yen 5700 includes 2 vouchers for Meitetsu from Nagoya Airport to Nagoya Station, where as the Normal costs Yen 3800. Both have 3 vouchers for rides on the Limited Express trains. The quirk of the Japanese train passes is that it is sold at certain stations and also the exchange of these passes can only be done at certain stations.For making the mistake,I ended up buying single trip ticket from Nagoya to Osaka Namba for Yen2360,but you can only use express trains and express trains do not have direct services between both cities,you need to change trains which is inconvenient and not recommended for those who are not well versed in the Kintetsu network.Get hold of the Kintetsu rail map so that it is easier to orientate. The pass is certainly good value for money as it gives you 5 days travel between the main areas of Osaka/Nara/Yoshino/Ise/Toba/Kyoto.
by CS TAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Correction 2014/7/26 11:01
Let me delete the last part (beginning with "If I were in your shoes") of my 2014/7/25 16:30 message, where I am assuming as if this pass could be available in Kintetsu-nagoya Station. As is mentioned by CS TAN, it seems this pass is not sold there.

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2014/7/26 21:52
Thank you everyone for the inputs you shared. I think I have to spend the night at Toyoko Inn and buy the pass wide at Chubu airport on the next day. Thanks a lot for suggesting.

Re: Buying Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide 2015/2/6 14:58
The answers on this thread are really helpful and I understand that train exchange should be done as some do not have a direct trip.

But does anyone have experience in getting from Nagoya to Kyoto?

I am kinda lost with their timetable and am looking at 2 train exchanges if am going to use a Limited Express train. Like from Nagoya I need to exchange trains in Ise-Nakagawa,then from Ise-Nakagawa I need to exchange trains again in Yamato-Yagi which is the line to Kyoto.

Hope for your answers! :)
by ibkf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread