Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sending a package from japan 2014/7/24 21:21
hi,
i was wondering, i'm gonna be in japan for a month and i'm planning to buy a lot of staff like gifts and snacks, now i don't have a lot of room in my suitcase i was thinking of mailing from japan to my house some packages, is it possible for a tourist and not resident to send a package worldwide?
if so is any japanese post office will do?
by Sigal  

Re: sending a package from japan 2014/7/25 09:57
You can send a package from any Japanese post office - of course some clerks don't speak that much English but it's not that difficult.

I advise you checking the English site of Japan Post so you can get the idea of the different shipping methods and prices.

I sent a carton of clothes from Kyoto to New York by the slowest method and it took about eight weeks. I also sent a book by EMS and it took three days.....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: sending a package from japan 2014/7/25 11:00
You can check how much it will cost here:
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en

You can sent via ship or air. As for air you can use SAL, AIR and EMS.
EMS has insurance and is super fast, but also very expensive. I would only use it if you send something of value.

I usually use SAL to send stuff back home to Germany and never had any issues.

I live in Japan, but tourists can also use the Japan Post Offices. :)
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread