Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Koya to Tokyo 2014/7/25 05:35
Mt Koya to Tokyo, where to stop and stay over for a night.
Hey all,
We are in Japan early September staying in Tokyo, Kyoto and Mt Koya then heading back to Tokyo. We would like to make a stop along the way for one night. We have our baby with us so not looking to climb Mt Fuji or a bustling night life :) We are thinking to go by train, but nothing is planed yet...any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Kind regards
Lisbeth
by Lisbeth (guest)  

Re: Mt Koya to Tokyo 2014/7/25 09:58
I would explore Osaka a bit if I were you, then get a Shinkansen to Tokyo next day.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Koya to Tokyo 2014/7/26 06:45
Thank you for your answer. We would like to get out of the city, do you think Hankone is to far away for one night.
by Lisbeth (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Koya to Tokyo 2014/7/26 07:53
Yes, Hakone is too long of a way off Koyasan (trip will take around 6 hours) to actually enjoy it properly. Something in the Kansai area is better.

Re: Mt Koya to Tokyo 2014/7/26 08:05
Actually, I don't know how many nights you are staying in Kyoto but you can also split your Kyoto leg in two. Get to Kyoto, go Koyasan, come back the following day to Kyoto and then off to Tokyo when you're finished in Kyoto.

reply to this thread