Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/25 15:29
I will be in Japan for 3 weeks and I would like to use internet for my tablet. Which plan can you advise me? I have used BMOBILE (1 GB) but it was for 14 days... I was considering to rent a WI FI portable device, but it is a little bit expensive.
by Piuma  

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/25 21:53
e-connect and so-net have monthly plans (for roughly the same price as b-mobile's 14 days plans).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/26 16:11
Thank you! Is econnect a good quality service? Can I buy it in a shop, without making an online reservation?
by Piuma rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/27 12:37
Both econnect and so-net use the same network as b-mobile, so for all practical purposes they should be pretty much indistinguishable.

econnect can only be ordered online, so if you want to go to a store you can use so-net (they seem to be adding sales locations regularly).

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/prepaid/en/index.html#buy

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/28 14:29
Does anyone know what the So-net sims initially cost? I'm only able to find the recharge prices.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/29 12:22
So-net costs 3000 yen for SIM + 1G of downloads.

It's an LTE SIM, but will work on a 3G only device. Unlike the B-Mobile visitor's SIM which is only 300kbs, the So-net one is high speed.

It's available at retails stores (see their website)
It's also easy to set up, and activate via internet (Directly on Android device or via WiFi on iPhone/iPad)
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/29 16:21
Unlike the B-Mobile visitor's SIM which is only 300kbs, the So-net one is high speed.

b-mobile also has a high speed plan limited to 1G. The low-speed one, on the other hand, has unlimited traffic.

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/29 22:48
Sorry, mistake....

So-net costs 3000 yen for initial SIM + 100M of downloads.
The recharge is just over 3000yen for 1G, 60days. Max speed 150Mbs
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/30 10:40
Wow that's expensive. I wonder what is so compelling about their service that they think they can effectively charge twice as much as the competition.

Sounds like the OP is best off with an e-connect 1gb sim and just recharging if necessary.

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/30 11:15
IIRC, econnect can't be charged, if you need more than one month of coverage, you just buy several of them.

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/7/31 10:33
You can top them up, but they recommend buying multiple cards instead since the top up process is not instant.

https://www.econnectjapan.com/top-up-request/

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/8/6 10:37
How about this service?
http://rental.cdjapan.co.jp/

they provide sim card or mobile wifi for 3 weeks
by Gon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks data for Tablet 2014/8/6 12:33
Too expensive. You'd probably be better off with the 1gb econnect sim if you need high speed data or their unlimited sim if you don't need high speed.

reply to this thread