Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/25 16:22
In September, I'm looking to go to college where I live to take a 2 year business course, I am looking to major into Marketing and I am interested into going out in the world and moving to Japan after I finish, I am just wondering, are there lots of jobs I can do for Marketing in Japan? Do I need to speak fluent Japanese? Will they hire foreigners?

Thanks for the help!
by Melging  

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/25 17:35
Do I need to speak fluent Japanese?

May I ask you if you think it is possible to find such jobs in Canada without being fluent in English or French?

I mean in marketing you usually have a lot of contacts with clients (meetings, phone calls...), send emails to clients or companies that print your orders or create websites...you need to follow trends of the market by finding them in magazines or research studies printed in the local language.

Do you think it is possible to do that in Canada while being illiterate? If yes then it might also be possible in Japan...
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/26 02:45
Well, good point. I just wanted to be 100% sure...

by Melging rate this post as useful

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/26 04:33
Also, a community college diploma is not equivalent to a university degree. You'll need a university degree or considerable years of experience to meet the eligibility requirements set out by Japan's immigration department.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/26 09:40
Heh, maybe I'll do 2 years here, and then 2 years there...

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/26 09:48
You think it's a given that you will be admitted as a third year student at a Japanese university?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Marketing jobs in Japan? 2014/7/26 12:06
Nope, definitely not. But If I just give up, then I won't succeed anywhere.

reply to this thread