Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/26 00:08
I am going to Japan in October, and I am looking at where to get my Yen. Obviously I have used comparison sites, And noticed my back and the Post Office have Rates that are 10 points less then the official exchange rate.

Currently the exchange rate is 171.16

Then I found this link.

http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/exchange_e/index.html

Which is the Exchange rates offered at Narita Airport. Which seems to be surprisingly Better then the official Exchange rate, with TC at 177.00 and cash at 185.00.

Are the exchange rates posted on the Narita link real?

Also I have done a search but alot of the sites and blogs, all have outdated information. (Assuming the Narita Link is authentic and accurate) Then It means Traveler Cheques are worth less then cash, and Its better to exchange in Japan then the UK.

I would be grateful if anyone who has recently travelled to Japan or is going to go pass Narita Airport, could upload any data in regards to Foreign Exchange rates. Especially for UK Great British Pound Exchange Rates.

Thanks in Advance.
by Shintai  

Re: Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/26 11:41
If you are coming into Japan with British sterling, the column to look at is "Buy (foreign currency to JPY), so you get 161.00 yen per sterling with cash, and 168.70 yen per sterling with traveler's check.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/26 18:06
The difference between the official rate & what you are finding is where the companies make their margin the. I have always used Travelex. Their rates are competitive and you can collect your money at the airport. For a small charge you can change any money back to GBP on your return at the same rate you paid for it. Also if you buy online there are no fees.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/26 21:38
yes you're looking at the sell column so no use to you.

The best rates tend to be from currency exchange services in london, thomas exchange global offer the best rates i've ever seen usually only a couple of points below the actual rate and updated multiple times a day.

failing being able to visit them, travelex usually offer the best rates in the uk now.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/26 21:53
If you do a comparison search on google you'll find a decent selection of companies. Usually you'll
get free delivery also. Sites like moneysupermarket, etc.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Updated GBP to Yen Exchange Rate 2014/7/27 07:28
Lol, so I was reading it wrong. Damn!
Thanks guys for pointing that out, otherwise might have ended up with a heart attack in october.

Also thank you for the suggestions.
by Shintai rate this post as useful

reply to this thread