Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Suica card at Narita airport possible? 2014/7/28 08:28
Hello !

I want to use my Suica card instead purchasing a ticket from the Narita airport to Tokyo Station with the JR Sobu Line.
Is it possible? Or do I have to buy an extra ticket for that?
So far I have only used Haneda airport but now I have to fly to the Narita, is there a big difference?
by nekoneko (guest)  

Re: Using Suica card at Narita airport possible? 2014/7/28 09:19
Narita Airport is inside the Suica coverage area, so no problem, you can use your Suica normally.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica card at Narita airport possible? 2014/7/28 09:31
That said, using the Narita Express with the N'EX Tokyo Direct Ticket is only marginally more expensive (1500 yen vs. 1320) and will be faster. It could even be cheaper if Tokyo Station is not your final destination.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Using Suica card at Narita airport possible? 2014/7/28 12:49
Is Tokyo Station the best JR station for your first destination?

Narita International Airport [NRT] is actually located more than 50 kilometers outside Tokyo Metropolis.
NRT has two terminals.
JR-East and Keisei have Narita Airport Station(s) in NRT Terminal 1 and Airport Terminal 2 Station(s) in NRT Terminal 2.

[JR Rapid trains and "Narita Express" trains]

You can take a JR Rapid train between Narita Airport Station / Airport Terminal 2 Station and Tokyo Station with a Suica Card only (unless you get into a Green Car, which is equipped with higher-class seats).
You cannot reserve your seat in advance of the JR Rapid train. A one-way ride lasts for about 1 and a half hour.
The one-way basic fare is about 1320 yen per adult.

When you take a JR "Narita Express" train for this route, a Ltd. Express charge is required in addition, which is 1500 to 1900 yen per adult. But, a foreign visitor can have this ride at 1500 yen per adult with a NfEX Tokyo Direct Ticket only.
Seats of a JR "Narita Express" train require reservation. A one-way ride lasts for about 1 hour.

All JR trains connecting the two JR stations in NRT and Tokyo Station run on this route:
Narita Airport -- Airport Terminal 2 -- Narita (#) -- (Sakura) -- Yotsukaido (#) -- Chiba (#) -- (Kinshicho) -- Tokyo.
: You can find these stations in a JR-East network map, roughly from the east to the west.
: Rapid trains make stops at all these stations. Some other stations are omitted here.
: "Narita Express" trains skip Sakura and Kinshicho stations.
: Only a small number of "Narita Express" trains make a stop at the station shown here with (#).

[JR Sobu Line]

The JR section Sakura -- Chiba -- Kinshicho -- Tokyo belongs to Sobu Line.
Precisely, the JR section Kinshicho -- Tokyo is the south one of the two Sobu Line sections in Tokyo Metropolis. Non-Local trains run on this south section.
Local trains run not via Tokyo Station but via the north section Kinshicho -- Akihabara -- Ochanomizu.
Many Local trains run also on Chuo Line, taking take the route Chiba -- Kinshicho -- Akihabara -- Ochanomizu -- Shinjuku -- Nakano / Mitaka. This route is often called Chuo Sobu Line.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread