Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist visa 2014/7/29 01:40
my boy friend is in nepal n i am in student visa at japan so can i call him in tourist visa?
by kunzang tamu (guest)  

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 08:44
If he is a Nepali citizen he will have to go through the process of applying for a visa prior to arrival, meaning he has to contact the japanese embassy in Kathmandu and what documents he needs.

The fact that you are a student in Japan does not change anything since you are not married and citizens from a country that does not have a visa waiver program with Japan.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:15
I have been here for only 3mnths n my financial status is good enough to afford for his travelling n staying expenses so can it be possible within short pe
riod of time ?
by kunzang tamu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:19
It's going to depend entirely on him and his application for a tourist visa. The fact you can support him while he's there is great, but you're not married to him and he's not going to Japan on a dependent visa, so all that is not going to matter at all to Japan Immigration.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:22
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:24
I believe it matters that he has a personal guarantor in Japan, though. The original poster is the one who is "inviting" him to Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:31
that means me being here doesnt means anything as long as we arent married? that means he hab to go through all his documents by himself i cannot sponser him or help him in documents?

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:37
personal guarantor in Japan? what does that mean?

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/29 11:44
kunzang tamu,

Please go to the Embassy of Japan website (link given by "guest" above), and see what documents need to be submitted by him (and to some extent you) for the visa application.

If you click on "Requirements for Visa Application," you see the list of documents, and one of them is Letter of guarantee, and another is Letter of reason for invitation. Those are documents you can fill out for him :)

http://www.np.emb-japan.go.jp/visa.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/30 11:20
thank you very much ..

Re: Tourist visa 2014/7/30 11:50
but since we havent married yet n i am in student visa n i have been here for only 3 mnths but financially i can afford him as well n in relationship space in application would it be applicable if i write friend??

reply to this thread