Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujikyu Bus Fare of Yamanaka/Sengen shrine 2014/8/1 22:20
I would be appreciated if anyone could help me on information of my trip as follows on the fare and nearby station to Sengen Shrine?
- Sun 10/8 Gotemba --- Yamanaka - I believe the fare is 1100 yen?

- Sun 10/8 Yamanaka – Sengen shrine (Fujiyoshida station)? - no clue on the fare?

- Sun 10/8 Fujiyoshida --- Yamanaka - no clue on the fare?

- Mon 11/8 Yamanaka --- Gotemba - I believe the fare is 1110 yen?

I'll be buying a Hakone Free pass for 2days so it's not covered on the Fujikyu pass since I'm only traveling between Hakone and staying Yamanaka for one night then leave to Kyoto via Odowara. If there is any pass I could use on all the fares from bus?
by Ammy (guest)  

Re: Fujikyu Bus Fare of Yamanaka/Sengen shrine 2014/8/2 00:40
- Sun 10/8 Gotemba --- Yamanaka - I believe the fare is 1100 yen?

1110 yen to the Yamanakako/Hotel Mount Fuji bus stop
980 yen to the Asahigaoka bus stop

Sun 10/8 Yamanaka – Sengen shrine (Fujiyoshida station)? - no clue on the fare?

I can't find the exact fare, but I guess it will be around 400-800 yen. Note that there is a bus stop in front of the shrine, which is different from Fujiyoshida Station. Note also that the name of Fujiyoshida Station is now Fujisan Station.

A map of the bus line can be found here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/gotemba.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu Bus Fare of Yamanaka/Sengen shrine 2014/8/2 01:01
Dear Uji,
Thank you so much for your helpful answers! May I ask a few further questions.

- Is there any other alternative bus line I can travel to Sengen shrine apart from Fujikyu bus?
- Will Fujikyu bus let me get in at Yamanaka station to other station such as fujisan station?
- so from briefly calculating the total fare I have got an information from you, I had better get a Fuji hakone pass? Even though I'm not traveling back to Tokyo at the end of the trip.

Once again, thank you for your kind answer.
by Ammy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu Bus Fare of Yamanaka/Sengen shrine 2014/8/2 14:45
- Is there any other alternative bus line I can travel to Sengen shrine apart from Fujikyu bus?

No, all the buses in the area are Fujikyu buses.

- Will Fujikyu bus let me get in at Yamanaka station to other station such as fujisan station?

The specific local bus line will get you on and off at any stop along the way. It is different with highway buses which will only let you travel between Tokyo and the Fuji region and will not let you travel within the Fuji area.

so from briefly calculating the total fare I have got an information from you, I had better get a Fuji hakone pass? Even though I'm not traveling back to Tokyo at the end of the trip.

I personally would get the Hakone Free Pass and use an IC card (such as Suica) for the rest. I don't think a Fuji Hakone Pass will pay off, unless you use the Gotemba-Kawaguchiko bus line quite excessively.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fujikyu Bus Fare of Yamanaka/Sengen shrine 2014/8/3 15:18
I got that... Thank you Uji. Very helpful of you.
Have a nice day :)
by Ammy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread