Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Imperial East Gardens in December 2014/8/3 02:21
Hi, I understand that December is usually either winter or close to winter, so I'm wondering if there's any sense to go there. I am bringing a first-timer friend along to Tokyo around the early-mid December period.
by Fresh (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Imperial East Gardens in December 2014/8/3 15:04
Early December is usually very good timing for the autumn colors. Depending on the year, teh colors may be nice into mid December. Here is a Tokyo autumn color report from December 1 2012 which includes a visit to the East Gardens:
http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo12/121201.html

Towards late December, the vegetation in the garden becomes increasingly barren, but the gardens can still be a nice break from the city. There may be scattered cherry trees here and there that bloom in winter, but they are nowhere as spectacular as the cherry trees that bloom in spring.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Imperial East Gardens in December 2014/8/3 21:33
Make sure to visit it when it is open!
The East Gardens of the Imperial Palace is usually closed on Mondays and Fridays. It is expected to be closed on 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 23, 26 and 28 - 31 of December 2014.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread