Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best of Osaka? - 2 day stay 2014/8/4 03:18
I'll be in Osaka for 2 days later this year (as part of a 3 week round trip). Well, it will be actually be 1 and a half days as i arrive from Kyoto in the morning of the first day. I haven't done much research into Osaka but I've heard its a great city, a bit like Tokyo's little (but not so little) brother.

Can anyone give me some quick recommendations on what to do in my short time there? Any suggestions will be appreciated and looked into.

I'm 21, male and i'll be travelling by myself. I'm pretty open minded. I like both modern and retro/cultural aspects of Japan.

Are there any places similar to Shibuya or Shinjuku? Any electronic districts? I wouldn't mind going to a bar at some point if there's any good places to have a drink and meet people.

Thanks people.
by eddyf100  

Re: Best of Osaka? - 2 day stay 2014/8/4 11:36
Hi there! I think Osaka is great! People tend to be friendlier and more open than in Tokyo :)
I recommend not to miss the aquarium, which is great. As for areas to explore, Umeda station area is ok, you may also find Osaka castle interesting. However, the highlight of the city is the Dotonbori/Shinsaibashi area, which is the "Shibuya & Harajuku" of Osaka. Loads of good things to do and places to go to. Don't miss Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki as foods to try while you are in Osaka.
As for electronics, there's Den-Den Town (south of Nipponbashi metro station); it's smaller than Akihabara, and more relaxed and not as flashy, but I tend to like the shopping there more than in Akihabara though.
Also, do not miss Shinsekai :)

As for drinking/going out, there's tons of places and the city is full of nightlife. If you like retro videogames try Space Bar, where you can drink while playing retro videogames :)

With that, you have plenty for a day and a half! Have fun! I will be there in less than a month for 4 nights and can't wait to come back!
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Best of Osaka? - 2 day stay 2014/8/4 16:38
Excellent. thanks for your suggestions, I'll get writing up a little itinerary !
by eddyf100 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best of Osaka? - 2 day stay 2014/8/4 16:39
Excellent. thanks for your suggestions, I'll get writing up a little itinerary !
by eddyf100 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread