Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 13:47
Hi,

Can I check whether this Icoca Haruka limited express train from KIX to Kyoto is a direct train. That is there is no need to transfer train?

And how long does the whole journey takes?
And how frequent are the trains?

I read also that it has no reserve seats. As i am travelling as a family, will I have problems getting seats on the train?

Thank you so much.

Thanks.
by grace (guest)  

Re: Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 14:05
Can I check whether this Icoca Haruka limited express train from KIX to Kyoto is a direct train. That is there is no need to transfer train?

Yes, it runs direct between KIX and Kyoto.

And how long does the whole journey takes?
And how frequent are the trains?

About 80 mins. There are 1-2 departures per hour.

I read also that it has no reserve seats. As i am travelling as a family, will I have problems getting seats on the train?

There are reserved seats. Shouldn't be a problem getting a reservation in advance.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Clarification 2014/8/5 14:57
You seem to be mixing up information on Ltd. Express Haruka and that on ICOCA & HARUKA package.
The name of the Ltd. Express service is Haruka, not Icoca Haruka.

ICOCA & HARUKA package is composed of
an ICOCA Card, which is a prepaid IC transportation card,
and a ticket / a set of two tickets for you to travel by JR from / from & to Kansai-airport Station.
(There is no edition with a ticket for a KIX-bound trip only.)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html
The ticket can enable you to have a non-reserved Haruka ride at 1030 yen, but when you have a Haruka ride on a reserved seat, it does not cover the Ltd. Express service charge (1280 to 1680 yen).

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 15:20
Oh I didn't notice the Icoca part, so I'm not sure I fully follow the question. Will you be using the Icoca Haruka round trip package? Cause my post refers to just taking the Haruka with regular tickets.

Re: Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 17:15
Thanks for the clarification but I am still a little confused.

If I just want the train ticket on the Haruka express limited train from KIX Airport to Kyoto and not the ICOCA prepaid card, is this possible? And how much will be the costs for round trip ticket?

And can I still reserve a seat then if I dont want the ICOCA prepaid card? How do I go about purchasing the reserve seat tickets? Can I book it online or can I only get it at the JR station at KIX Airport?
by grace (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 17:28
Just buy the Icoca and return it immediately afterwards, it will be cheaper than buying a Haruka ticket through regular means.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Haruka train from KIX to Kyoto 2014/8/5 17:58
If I just want the train ticket on the Haruka express limited train from KIX Airport to Kyoto and not the ICOCA prepaid card, is this possible?

Yes, just buy a normal Haruka ticket at the ticket booth. Or do as Firas suggested and get the package and immediately refund the ICOCA card (or hold onto it and use it for purchases and JR trains in Kyoto), to save some money.

And how much will be the costs for round trip ticket?

Reserved is 3370 yen each way. Unreserved is 2850 each way.

The package is 4060 yen and you can get about 1770 of that refunded.

And can I still reserve a seat then if I dont want the ICOCA prepaid card?

Yes

How do I go about purchasing the reserve seat tickets?

At the ticket counter or ticket machine.

Can I book it online or can I only get it at the JR station at KIX Airport?

Just get it at the airport. That is safest and accounts for any delays with your flight/customs/immigration.

reply to this thread