Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 04:30
Hi,
I know part of this question has been asked in the past but without any solution by Toyoko Inn.

I am again planning a trip to Japan and plan to stay in some Toyoko Inns. As i am unable to make a reservation through the internet (My two credit cards (Mastercard and Visa) are not accepted on the Toyoko Inn reservation site, i make a reservation using the telephone (i phased out my fax years ago!). This works.
Also during one of my earlier trips i Joined the Toyoko Inn Club so I have a Toyoko Inn Club Card (and number).

The question I have now is: Do I need to pay more per night because I donft make the reservation through the internet? (This became never clear to me during earlier visits or asking this over the telephone.)

Also I wonder if anybody found a customer service email address of the main office where they could look into the problem with my credit cards and their reservation site?

Regards.

B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest)  

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 11:23
I've seen ads that state a discount off the regular rate if you reserve through their website, like 300yen.

Is there a particular reason your cards are not accepted? I have a banking card from Citibank and it worked for me as well as a Chase one the previous time.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 13:32
Here's a trick.

The Japanese version of Toyoko Inn does not require a credit card number to make a reservation.

Can't read Japanese? Have two web browser windows open, one with the English version and one with the Japanese version of Toyoko Inn's web site. They layout of everything is the same, so you can easily guess at what is what.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 17:47
You can also just use booking.com, most (all?) Toyoko Inns are there.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 18:59
Hi,
Thanks for all the responses.
I have no idea why my creditcards (Master and Visa) are not accepted. The site just reports that it can not validate my creditcard. I tried also inputting just the last name but no positive result. (BTW using the credit card in the hotel to pay the bill is no problem.)

I am for sure going to try the Japanese site. Maybe i also can use Google translate!

I don't like to use Booking.com. One of the reasons i (did) like Toyoko-inn was because you can easily adjust/change your bookings. I did not use this but it gives me good feeling that it is possible without the use of a third party. Also i have no idea about a price benefit of using booking.com if you are a member of the Toyoko-inn club. Does anybody have an idea?

Butch
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/6 20:35
You will not receive Toyoko-inn club discounts or benefits if your reservation is booked thru a third party.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko inn creditcard acceptance 2014/8/7 09:44

The Japanese version of Toyoko Inn does not require a credit card number to make a reservation.

daai maou ,
Thanks for the info ! Just made a reservation, worked just as the English site, but saved me time, searching for my creditcard.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread