Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How should I respond? 2014/8/7 18:47
I just started talking to this Japanese guy through Line and he's asking me if I can video chat with him. I'm not self conscious about my looks, I just feel uncomfortable video chatting right away. We've been talking through Line for only 2 days. He knows what I look like since I have a picture of myself on Line (he keeps calling me cute), but I don't know what he looks like since his picture is not of himself.
I don't know how to respond to him. I don't want to sound rude if I say "No sorry, I'm uncomfortable.."
How would you respond?
Thanks!
by .......... (guest)  

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/7 19:19
Is not your fault if he doesn't want to show himself trough webcam... Well... if he is nice people and you are not anoyed about showing yourself by webcam...

All will be Ok if you dont nude xD
by animesfl rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/7 19:22
When "any" man, whether he's Japanese, American, Indian or what have you, asks a girl to video chat so early on, it usually sends up red flags to me.

My advice; if you are uncomfortable doing something, then do not do it. It's not uncommon for people on this website to ask for contact details/Skype/video chat...etc immediately and this is not something I'm comfortable with either. So even if it might come off rude, you're just going to have to be honest with him. Tell him you are uncomfortable right now but that it could be an option later (if it is). If he's genuine, he will understand.
by Jemineye rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/7 19:24
and if he insist a lot, maybe you should distrust from him
by animesfl rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/7 20:56
Avoid the guy completely. He sounds very shallow if he keeps calling you cute and asks for a video chat. Mature and well meaning guys do not do that. They do not pressurize girls into video chats or skype. They use whatever the other party is comfortable with.

This guy is sending up a lot of red flags and you should do your best to avoid him. Video chats with untrustworthy people or strangers can make your pictures end up in weird places.
by rishabhrrr rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/7 21:58
I can smell that guy is a creepy since he didn't reveal his identity. I would avoid him since he wanted to do webcam with you when you only know him for 2 days.... mature guys wouldn't do like that.
by adventureguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/8 10:07
Dotted guest,
Trust your gut feel or instinct.
Feminine instinct is often more right than wrong.
Avoid that guy like the plague or Ebola.
There are more koi in the pond
by Yet Another (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/8 13:56

don't get me wrong....

the apps. (line) comes with a video call feature in itself. i guess the "man" that you have been chatting with (for 2 days) wanted to utilize the features of the apps. itself and use video call instead of chat so the two of you can view each other face2face while chatting.. its like hitting two birds at one blow.

if you don't like the "man" that you have been chatting with, just tell him. In that case he wouldn't bother calling/messaging you, and you won't be bothered as well.

it seems to me that you are starting to like this guy because you are bothered as to how would you respond with his actions (doing the videocall).

and also, you knew already that he doesn't his picture on his profile, and yet you still continue to chat with him, it's actually telling him that "it's ok with you and that you're interested with him.

anyways, just be careful with the person you meet/chat online. everybody would do their best just to get the attention of the other party and win their trust.
by japanguest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How should I respond? 2014/8/9 03:01
Agree with the last poster. Nothing wrong with video chatting.

As for calling you cute a lot - sounds weird on paper, but he might just be nervous and it could be language shortcomings.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread