Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/18 16:44
I arrive in Narita Terminal 2 at 6.15am in the morning.

How long does it take to clear immigration and customs at that time?

I would like to take a budget domestic flight at 8.05am which depart at Terminal 2 to Chitose (Sapporo).

Is this sufficient time for me to make it?

If not,the next available flight is 1pm and that would mean a transit of 5 hours at the airport.
by AJ (guest)  

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/18 20:04

You have less than 2 hours, yet you have to clear immigration, collect your luggage, go through the Customs and still to find your connecting flight terminal, could be in terminal one ??? Not to mention the check in time for your domestic flight ??? Seriously, if I were you, I would go for the next flight.
by lostintranslation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/18 20:10

budget domestic flight at 8.05am which depart at Terminal 2 to Chitose

Sorry missed it big time.
You will save time being in a same terminal. However, as far as I know, budget airline's check-in closes 30 minutes before the departure time.

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/18 21:56
You will be in the arrival lobby of Narita by 7 a.m.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/19 13:13
So if all goes well I should be able to clear customs in time and make it without problems.

I am thinking of taking Vanilla Air and they depart at 8am for Sapporo. Their next available flight after that is 12.50 so I don't see myself waiting 5+ hours at the airport twiddling my thumbs.

Thanks everyone!
by Astina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/19 17:15
And of course thats all hoping your flight to Japan leaves on time and lands on time!??, Waiting for bags at the carousel and lining up for immigration check can be quick...or can be lengthy, It's impossible to predict accurately, I've experienced both, I hope you make your connection on time, but be prepared to relax at the terminal for a later flight.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/19 17:52

but be prepared to relax at the terminal for a later flight.

And be prepared for an additional airfares; as budget airlines, most of the time, have no show no refund policy.

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/20 10:50
And if so, does ANA or other Japanese airlines like JAL, have standby rates which are heavily discounted?

Booking online, their rates start from $400++ one-way and that is expensive especially since budget airlines are 6000YEN.

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/20 14:08

I am thinking of taking Vanilla Air
Have you checked : http://book.jetstar.com/Select.aspx
They have 09.45 flight

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/20 15:51
Yes I did. They don't have a scheduled flight at 9.45am for a November departure.

I think my best option is to wait for Skymark to release its fare bookings soon I hope.

Then my last attempt would be with Vanilla.

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/23 11:27

Yes I did. They don't have a scheduled flight at 9.45am for a November departure.

More flights are now available for November:

http://book.jetstar.com/Select.aspx

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/24 12:22
Checked and book a 9.55am flight. I'm so stoked. THanks!!!
by AJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Connecting to Domestic Flight 2014/8/24 13:22

Checked and book a 9.55am flight. I'm so stoked

Try to spend time in the Chitose airport; and visit the ramen village; the Ebi ramen is highly recommended :

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2435.html

reply to this thread