Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/20 23:29
Hi

I plan to visit Japan on 23/11/2014-28/11/2014

My plan can be summarized as follows;

23/11/2014 Bangkok to Tokyo
24-25/11/2014 Travel outside Tokyo
26-28/11/2014 Travel in Tokyo (Back to Thailand on 28/11/2014)

My questions are :

1.If I buy skyliner roundtrip+Tokyo 3 day pass = 5C400 Yen C Is 3-day pass ticket needed to be used for three day continuously or I can specify date (i.e date23 Cdate26-27)?

2.If not C can I buy ticket like this on the first day that I arrive tokyo ?
sky liner one way(when arrive tokyo) + 1 day metro = 2800 Yen and use metro pass on that day
and
sky liner one way(day that back to my country) + 2 day metro = 3200 Yen and use metro pass on 26-27/11/2014
by Jeboo  

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/21 23:51
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway...
*Tickets are valid for six months from date of sale.
by LV‚ƒ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/22 06:40
I don't think that is quite right.
The ticket is for 6 months, or expiry date stamped on ticket, but the 1,2 or 3 day passes must be used consecutively. For example a two day one says,
"Good for two consecutive days within the expiry period stated on the ticket."

So as I understand it, once you use the subway ticket, you must keep using it day after day(1-3days) and not break up the usage. The important word is consecutive.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/22 08:25
A multiple day pass needs to be used in consecutive days.
by tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/22 08:30
And to add to the discussion, the days mentioned are calendar days (00:00- 23:59) and not 24 hour periods. So if first use it at 8pm on September 8th, for example, the machine counts day one as September 8th, not 8pm.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: NRT accesses and subway pass 2014/8/22 08:33
When in a day is your flight to Narita International Airport [NRT] scheduled?
Have you confirmed that you cannot choose Tokyo International Airport [HND, Haneda Airport] instead?
(NRT is actually located more than 50 kilometers outside Tokyo Metropolis.)

Is 3-day pass ticket needed to be used for three day continuously?

Yes.

Which area in Tokyo will you head to first?
Where in Tokyo will you stay?
Keisei Skyliner is not the only train service connecting NRT and Tokyo with seats to be reserved.
For example, if your flight to NRT is scheduled at 15:00 and you head to Shinagawa, you can take a Narita Express train of JR-East. A foreign visitor can have this ride at 1500 yen with a NfEX Tokyo Direct Ticket.
You can purchase Tokyo Subway Ticket separately.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc03

Whether a subway pass pays off or not depends on your destinations and traveling paces.
Which places to visit in Tokyo do you have in mind?

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/22 10:18
1.If I buy skyliner roundtrip+Tokyo 3 day pass = 5C400 Yen C Is 3-day pass ticket needed to be used for three day continuously or I can specify date (i.e date23 Cdate26-27)?

As mentioned, the metro pass is good for 3 consecutive days. You don't have to start the pass on the same day that you use the skyliner.

2.If not C can I buy ticket like this on the first day that I arrive tokyo ?
sky liner one way(when arrive tokyo) + 1 day metro = 2800 Yen and use metro pass on that day
and
sky liner one way(day that back to my country) + 2 day metro = 3200 Yen and use metro pass on 26-27/11/2014
e

It's not explicitly written, but highly unlikely that you can use the one-way discount ticket in the direction of Narita Airport. Furthermore, the discount ticket is not sold at Keisei Ueno Station.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/24 10:21
Thank you all for your comments :)

For omotenashi

I have already book my flight to NRT arrive at 09.30 AM on sunday.

After I leave the airport , I plan to keep my luggage at hotel in Ueno area.Then I will go to travel around shinjuku(to buy fuji hakone pass) , Shibuya , Harajuku.

And the remaining day in Tokyo , I plan to travel around Asauka , Ueno, Roppongi area.

by Jeboo rate this post as useful

Re: your itinerary 2014/8/25 15:03
I plan to keep my luggage at hotel in Ueno area

Is that hotel near a gate of Ueno Station of JR / the Ginza Line platform of Ueno Station of Tokyo Metro?

Then I will go to travel around Shinjuku (to buy Fuji Hikone pass), Shibuya, Harajuku.

Your subway cost on this day will depend on what you will visit in Shinjuku.
The extent of an area called Shinjuku / Shinagawa is not always the same as that of Shinjuku / Shinagawa as a municipality.
An area which may be called Shinjuku is wide, including districts of Shibuya as a municipality.

And the remaining day in Tokyo, I plan to travel around Asauka, Ueno, Roppongi area.

Assuming "Asauka" here refers to Asakusa area, I suppose a Tokyo Subway Ticket will not save the subway cost much on this day / these two days, unless you use subway also inside one same area (i.e. Asakusa area, Ueno area or Roppongi area).

Both Tokyo Metro and Tokyo subway have Roppongi Stations.
To visit Roppongi Hills, Roppongi Station (H-04) of Tokyo Metro sounds better.
To visit Tokyo Midtown in Akasaka district, Roppongi Station (E-23) of Tokyo subway sounds better.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/roppongi/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif

You are thinking of purchasing a Keisei Skyliner & Metro Pass package. A Keisei Skyliner ticket in the package brings you a discount of about 500 yen per way.
But, if you donft mind not reserving your seat on your way from and/or to NRT, you can further save the Keisei cost. (You will come on a Sunday, so you will not encounter commutersf rush in trains.)

P. S.: The 24th of November 2014 will be a public holiday in Japan because the 23rd will be a national holiday and a Sunday. Some major tourist spots may be crowded during this expanded weekend from the 22nd to 24th.

Re: Keisei Skyliner 2014/8/26 21:39
First of all , Thank for your useful information omotenashi

Is that hotel near a gate of Ueno Station of JR / the Ginza Line platform of Ueno Station of Tokyo Metro?

The hotel that I will stay near keisei ueno station around 6 minutes or JR Ueno 2 minutes

Refer to their website : http://www.tougane-h.com/e/

Your subway cost on this day will depend on what you will visit in Shinjuku.
The extent of an area called Shinjuku / Shinagawa is not always the same as that of Shinjuku / Shinagawa as a municipality.
An area which may be called Shinjuku is wide, including districts of Shibuya as a municipality.

First day at Tokyo,I will go to buy fuji hakone pass at Shinjuku station ,then I will visit Hachiko statue and to see Shibuya Crossing.For the Harajuku , I will going to see cosplay at Takeshita road.

Assuming "Asauka" here refers to Asakusa area, I suppose a Tokyo Subway Ticket will not save the subway cost much on this day / these two days, unless you use subway also inside one same area (i.e. Asakusa area, Ueno area or Roppongi area).

For the remaining day ,I will visit Sensoji temple(Asakusa),Ueno Park,Imperial palace,Mori tower(Roppongi)

Moreover, I have a few questions.

1.Is there a toilet on Keisei Limited express (I found that keisei limited express is the Cheapest way from Narita airport to Ueno)

2.I can't buy Tokyo Metro One or Two day pass at Narita airport ?
Refer to : http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html

by Jeboo rate this post as useful

Re: your itinerary 2014/9/1 00:43
[Location of your hotel]

The hotel that I will stay is near Keisei-Ueno station around 6 minutes or JR Ueno 2 minutes

The closest station is subway Ueno Station (of Tokyo Metro). More precisely, the platform for Hibiya Line is a little closer to this hotel than the platform for Ginza Line.
(It is often the case with advertisements for hotels that time required to walk from/to a station sounds too short for first-time visitors. I suppose you cannot walk to this hotel from JR Ueno Station, even from the closest ticket gate, within 2 minutes.)

From Keisei-Ueno station you can walk on an underground pathway to the concourse of subway Ueno Station for Tokyo Metro Ginza Line. Then you can walk from Exit 1, 2 or 3 to the hotel.
- Keisei: Map of Keisei-Ueno Station
https://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/stationmap/pdf/us/101.pdf
: Around the left end of this map you see a staircase and an elevator to this underground pathway.
- Tokyo Metro: Map of Ueno Station
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/ueno/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif
: The underground pathway leads from Exit/Entrance 6 of subway Ueno Station.

[Keisei trains]

Is there a toilet on Keisei Limited express

No.

A Keisei Skyliner train, which is composed of 8 cars, seems to have one large multifunctional restroom with a Western-style toilet, one toilet room (for men and women) and another toilet room (for men), all around the end of Car No. 5 closer to Car No. 4.
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/jp/ae_design/img/desig...
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/jp/ae_design/img/desig...

Limited Express trains of Keisei do not have toilets.
Keisei Limited Express trains leaving NRT run on Keisei Main Line at least until Keisei-Takasago Station.
In order to take a Keisei Limited Express train from the Keisei station in your NRT terminal, you pass through not only the entrance gate but also the intermediate gate to the Keisei Main Line platform.

Access Express trains of Keisei nether have toilets.
Access Express trains leaving NRT run on Narita SKY ACCESS Line at until Keisei-Takasago Station.

If you take a Keisei Limited Express or Access Express train leaving NRT which is not bound for (Keisei-)Ueno, you can change trains in (Keisei-)Takasago via the same platform to an Ueno-bound train.

Re: your itinerary 2014/9/1 00:47
[Days in Tokyo]

First day at Tokyo, I will go to buy Fuji Hikone pass at Shinjuku station, then I will visit Hachiko statue and to see Shibuya Crossing. For the Harajuku, I will going to see cosplay at Takeshita road

You can travel by subway from Ueno on Tokyo Metro Ginza Line to Akasaka-mitsuke, change trains via the same platform and travel on Marunouchi Line to Shinjuku. .

The Shinjuku railroad complex is huge and complicated; but from subway Shinjuku Station (of Tokyo Metro on Marunouchi Line), if you use an exit gate closer to Nishi-shinjuku and Ogikubo Stations, you can take a rather easy route to Odakyu Sightseeing Service Center.

It sounds better to visit Harajuku on your way to Shibuya.
JR Yamanote Line is good for the leg Shinjuku -- Harajuku -- Shibuya.

Takeshita-dori street is near Takeshita Exit of Harajuku Station.

The statue of the famous dog Hachiko and so-called Shibuya Crossing are near Hachiko Exit of Shibuya Station of JR.
The Shibuya railroad complex is composed of a few buildings, with tracks lying on from the 5th basement to the 3rd floor above the ground.
For you to get back to Ueno, you can go down from nearby Entrance 8 of Shibuya Station(s) of Tokyu and Tokyo Metro to the concourse; then you can travel on Hanzomon Line to Omote-sando Station in a car in the middle of the train, change trains via the same platform and travel on Ginza Line.

(By the way, would you visit also Omotesando street if time permits?)

For the remaining day, I will visit Sensoji temple (Asakusa), Ueno Park, Imperial palace, Mori tower (Roppongi)

Kaminarimon Gate of Sensoji Temple is near Exit 1 of subway Asakusa Station of Tokyo Metro on Ginza Line.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/station/asakusa/yardmap/images/yardmap.gif
If your Ginza Line train arrives to Track 1, you have to change platforms in order to use the exit gate for Exit 1.
Asakusa Station of Tokyo Metro is the east terminus of Ginza Line; trains arrive in one direction to any of the two tracks, and they do not continue onto any other line.

Ueno Park is vast. If you start from the hotel, Ueno Park is beyond subway Ueno, JR Ueno and Keisei-Ueno Stations. Which route is suitable or not depends on what you would visit in the park.

The East Gardens of the Imperial Palace is also large. You had better pay attention to the open hours, especially if you get there after exploring vast Ueno Park.
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/e-event/higashigyoen02.html
Ote-mon Gate of the Imperial Palace is near Exits C13a and C13b of subway Otemachi Station. These exits are around the end of the Chiyoda Line platform closer to Nijubashimae Station.

(To visit the Imperial Palace itself, you should apply in advance for a tour organized by the Imperial Household Agency and get the permission.)

I can't buy Tokyo Metro One or Two day pass at Narita airport?

Unlike a Tokyo Subway Ticket, a Tokyo Metro Open Ticket is not sold in NRT.

If you take Keisei Skyliner trains on the way from and the way back to NRT, you can save the cost in total on your NRT accesses and latter Tokyo trip with a Keisei Skyliner & Tokyo Subway Ticket package composed of Tokyo Subway 1-Day Ticket + Keisei Skyliner roundtrip tickets.
This saving is mainly due to discount on the Keisei fees.
A Tokyo Subway 1-Day Ticket itself is likely not to pay off in your former Tokyo trip, maybe neither in your latter Tokyo trip.

- Tokyo Subway Route Map (with station codes)
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/pdf/routemap_en.pdf

Keisei or subway regular basic fares listed below are what you should pay with an IC transportation card (such as a Suica Card or a PASMO Card). Regarding a Keisei Skyliner ride, an additional service charge is required.
The subway routes suggested below are by Tokyo Metro line(s) only, not by any Toei subway line.

Airport accesses by Keisei Skyliner trains
(1) 1235 yen as a basic fare and 1230 yen as a Skyliner charge per way.
(2) 1235 yen as a basic fare and 1230 yen as a Skyliner charge per way.
4930 yen in total on roundtrip Keisei Skyliner rides.

The former Tokyo trip
(1) 237 yen for Ueno (G-16) -- (G-05) Akasaka-mitsuke (M-13) -- (M-08) Shinjuku.
(2) 195 yen for Shibuya (Z-01) -- (Z-02) Omote-sando (G-02) -- (G-16) Ueno
or, if you visit also Omotesando street,
(2A) 165 yen for Shibuya (Z-01) -- (Z-02) Omote-sando: Exit A2, walking down Omotesando street then
(2B) 195 yen for Meiji-jingumae (C-03) -- (C-04) Omote-sando (G-02) -- (G-16) Ueno.
432 to 597 yen in total on Tokyo Metro rides.

The latter Tokyo trip
(1) 165 yen for Ueno (G-16) -- (G-19) Asakusa: Exit 1.
(2A) 165 yen for Asakusa (G-19) -- (G-16) Ueno,
(2B) 165 yen for Ueno (H-17) -- (H-07) Hibiya (C-09) -- (C-11) Otemachi: Exit C13a or C13b.
or, if you visit Ueno Park before Asakusa,
(2) 165 yen for Asakusa (G-19) -- (G-09) Ginza (H-08) -- (H-07) Hibiya (C-09) -- (C-11) Otemachi: Exit: Exit C13a or C13b.
(3) 165 yen for Otemachi (C-11) -- (C-09) Hibiya (H-07) -- (H-04) Roppongi: Exit 1c for Roppongi Hills: Mori Tower.
(4) 195 yen for Roppongi (H-04) -- (H-17) Ueno.
695 to 855 yen in total on Tokyo Metro rides.

reply to this thread