Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary for 14 days in Tokyo 2014/8/21 16:50
Hi
My family of 4 (2 in their 50s and 2 in their 20s) are planning a trip to Tokyo for 14 days in late March. Am planning an itinerary that includes shopping in Tokyo and also visiting an onsen and some sightseeing. Last year, I wentto Osaka, Kyoto, Takayama and Shirakawago during auturmn. Would appreciate if anyone can help me plan an itinerary. Some of the places we are thinking of going are:
1) Nagoya
2) Matsumoto
3) Izu Peninsula
4) Tokyo (1 week for shopping)

And is it too early or too late to book accommodation in Tokyo for March? All the
hotels seem to be already fully booked. Can you suggest a budget hotel or apartment for 4 pax?

Thank you.
by HBN  

Re: Itinerary for 14 days in Tokyo 2014/8/21 20:04
You can probably spend 5 nights out of Tokyo in a row by going to Matsumoto, then Nagoya and then Izu Peninsula. I would also consider a visit to Kamakura and Yokohama. If you are in for shopping, depends a lot what you are looking for, but typically:

Akihabara: For anything electronic, Manga & Anime

Ginza: Upscale shopping

Shinjuku: A blend of many things. Loads of music stores

Ochanomizu: Music instruments

Shibuya: Youth fashion

Harajuku: Teenage fashion, nearby Omotesando for more upscale stuff

Odaiba: Features quite a few malls.

Nakano: More Anime & Manga

Asakusa: More traditional stuff

Ikebukuro: Loads of stuff going on there.

I would personally combine the shopping with some sightseeing, since most Tokyo sights and experiences are found in those areas. Check out Japan Guide for the atractions found in each area.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for 14 days in Tokyo 2014/8/21 20:05
About acommodation, is way too early. Hotels tipically accept reservations starting 3 months in advance.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for 14 days in Tokyo 2014/8/22 00:53
Considering March is some thing of possible sakura period. reservations may not be too early.

What you looking for? How cheap/exp? How luxurious/budget?
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for 14 days in Tokyo 2014/8/22 01:26
Hi Joshua
My budget is around S$60 to $80 per person and it would be preferable if it is near to Shinjuku station. However, I have been looking into all the major hotel booking sites for the period late Mar to early April, and all of them are fully booked. Is it true or they are not taking any reservations yet as it a good 7 months away. What about renting a service apartment?
Would appreciate if you could give me some suggestions.
Thank you
HBN
by HBN rate this post as useful

reply to this thread