Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Mt. Fuji (2 days) & then Tokyo 2014/8/24 02:55
Hi,

I will be from Kyoto to Tokyo and stop at Mt. Fuji for 2 days. My plan is:
o Day 1:
• From Kyoto Station to Mishima Station (or should be Shinjuku? I heard that Shinjuku bus only operates on weekends and holidays?) (JR Tokaido Shinkansen, included in JR Pass?) (2 hours, run every 2 hours?), and then take a Fujikyu bus to Kawaguchiko Station in the Fuji Five Lake region (2130 Yen, 2 hours, not covered by the Japan Rail Pass).
• Access to Kawaguchiko to get around the mountain: Around the mountain: Kawaguchiko lake ¨ Saiko Lake ¨ Shojiko lake (if time allows) ¨ Motosuko lake (if time allows) ¨ back to Kawaguchiko to stay
o Day 2: Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station and Ochudo trail ¨ back to Kawaguchiko ¨ to Mishima Station ¨Tokyo?
• Is it an effective plan (flow of access, not too tiring)?
• My plan of transportation ticket are as below:
o JR pass: be used for from Kyoto to Odawara and from Odawara to Tokyo only?
o Saiko – Aokigahara retro bus: 1340 yen (2 consecutive days): is it only for Lake Kawaguchiko and around Lake Saiko? Not including other lakes and Fujikko bus? (I read the Japan guide and maps but is still not very clear) Should I buy this pass with my above plan? Any more cost effective way?
o Fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko to Fuji Subaru Line 5th station: 2100 yen (round trip)

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Linh
by truongmylinh (guest)  

Re: Kyoto to Mt. Fuji (2 days) & then Tokyo 2014/8/27 14:33
When will you travel?

If you just fly into KIX and travel from Kyoto to Tokyo and fly out from HND / NRT, Japan Rail Pass is not likely to pay off.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread