Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay & what transp to take in Tokyo 2014/8/25 10:42
Hi,
First time travel abroad with 2 teenage sons. We will be staying in Tokyo for 4 days. I have so many questions and wonder if someone can help to see if my itineraries are plausible. We will arrive in Narita on Sat 7PM and will leave on Tues at 8PM.

� Where would be a good place to stay? We have 3 people, but many hotels only accommodate 2 people (budget $200/night).
� What is the best means of transportation getting around especially the night we arrive and the night we leave Tokyo?
� Don’t want to lugging suitcases up and down the train. Any suggestions how to transport the luggage from Narita to hotel vise versa? Read about using the Takyubin to send luggage to hotel.
� Are there any hot spring that you don’t have to go in nude?

Arrives Tokyo (NRT) on 12/19/14 at 19:05 (7:05 pm)
Departs Tokyo on 12/23/14 at 20:50 (8:50 pm)

Day 1- 12/20/14 - Saturday

1. Asakusa, Sensoji Doris, Sensoji Temple
2. Odaiba
a. Aquacity-trick art museum
b. Palette Town-Toyota Mega Web
c. Diver city-Gundam, statue of liberty, Miraikan science museum

Day 2-12/21/14 - Sunday
1. Akihabara
2. Shinjuku(shopping)
a. Gyoen Naional Garden
b. Tokyo metropolitan Government office in Shinjuku to view over Japan

3. Harajuku (Meji Shrine-Harajuku Takeshita Dori, Omotesando)
4. Shibuya (Starbuck to view the Crossing Intersections, Hachiko statue)

Day 3-12/22/14, Monday
1. Tokyo central Railway Station
2. Imperial East Garden/Odawara Castle (20 min from Tokyo)
3. Ginza
4. Nakano Broadway
5. Ueno Zoo � Penda
6. Ghibli museum-pokemon center

Day 4 � 12/23/14, Tuesday
1. Okayama castle, Himeji , Korakuen Gardens

Thank you.
by jj1682005  

Re: Where to stay & what transp to take in Tokyo 2014/8/25 14:49
Day 1 and Day 2 seems ok, though 2nd day you might have to consider where you might not have time to go depending how much time you spend in Akihabara etc

Day 3, very packed for a day, while you could drop by Nakano when going to or back from Ghibli Museum, I'm not sure how you going to fit Ueno Zoo, Odawara castle or even Shibuya/Harajuku areas on same day..

Day 4, impossible, one way trip to Okayama is 252 minutes, a round trip is 500 minutes. Best to just stay in Tokyo if you are only there for 4 days, that way you have a back-up days for places you do not have enough time for your first 3 days. Is this also the day you will be departing from? It has the same date as your departure date.

There are a few selections from Narita Airport, bus, trains etc.

- Accomodation - Your best bet for first timer would be a location near JR station for convenience, there are some rooms that provide triple bed but they are normally more expensive, especially during your travel period.

- Transportation - Airport bus will solve your luggage issue but they are prone for traffic jams etc and do not necessarily stop at the hotel you are staying. NEX is the fastest option available, depending on where is your hotel, this might be your better choice. Though, if your hotel has airport bus service, you could book with them for travel to Airport on your departure day.

While in Tokyo, you have various selection to move around, JR train, Metro train, bus and Taxi. I personally prefer Metro train (subway) over other options, and taxi is pricy in Tokyo/Japan.

- Luggage - Ta-Q-Bin service requires 1-2 days to deliver your luggage to hotel, not practical if you are only there for 4 days. I mostly just drag my luggage through Shinjuku station (if you have big luggage not suitable for escalator, there is always elevator to the main hall, though you need to walk extra to find it). Otherwise, you can book airport bus to your hotel etc.

- Non-Nude Hot Spring , never heard of it, so no.

by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread