Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/25 21:40
Hello all
Appreciate your advice, please.
May I know if JR pass can be used on
1) LTD EXP Kamome
2) LTD EXP Yufu
3) Yufuin no Mori
4) JR Marine Liner
5) LTD EXP Haruka
6) LTD EXP Kaiji
7) LTD EXP Sonic
Thank you.
by Jasmin (guest)  

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 12:34
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 12:48
Thanks for the earlier reply.
But nothing was mentioned about Yufuin no Mori.
Thanks.
by Jasmin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 13:32
Yufuin no Mori (‚ä‚Ó‚¢‚ñ‚ÌX The Forest of Yufuin), Yufu DX ((‚ä‚ÓDX)) and Yufu ((‚ä‚Ó)) are limited express train services operated by Kyushu Railway Company (JR Kyushu) which run from Hakata via Yufuin to Ōita and Beppu.

source-Wikipedia

Based on this, it is a Limited Express and it's operated by JR Kyushu and it's NOT a liner, so since it's not listed as one not available, then it's available. But you have to check the availability.

http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/time_table/time_table.html

by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 13:34

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 14:20
Dear John B digs Japan
Thank so much for your advice.
It is my first time seeing Yufuin no Mori appearing on www.hyperdia.com dated 30 Aug.
I have tried using this website and all the trains were LTD EXP SONIC or LTD EXP YUFU
by Jasmin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 17:02
The Yufuin no Mori (and other trains of the same sort) run only a couple times per day (when they run at all), so you have to specify the correct departure time if you want to see them on Hyperdia. ;)

Also, the Marine Liner despite its name is not a liner but a limited express, so it is covered.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 21:49
Hyperdia chooses the quickest or least connections as the options given. I had to plug in Yufuin as the "via" in order to get reseults showing that train.

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/26 21:58
Well, yes, Hakata to Beppu might be a special case, since there are many other ways to do it... That said, I do gget it with the exact departure time:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=HAKATA&arv_node=BE...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is JR pass valid on the following trains? 2014/8/27 02:30
Firas, I unticked everthing but the Limited Express box since the description by Wikipedia shows that it goes from Fukuoka to Beppu, but I still wasn't finding it until I plugged Yufuin as a waypoint! :-)

reply to this thread