Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Suggestion 2014/8/26 12:34
I will arrive at kyoto on 6 am n stay 1 night in there (near Kyoto station).
I want to visit: fushimi inari, kiyomizu, higashiyama, nishiki market, gion, potoncho, kinkakuji, ninnanji, arashiyama (tenryunji, bamboo forest, monkey park (optional), n take sagano scenic train)
Where should I go in order? Btw I will go on Saturday.
thx
by sun (guest)  

Re: Kyoto Suggestion 2014/8/26 12:58
All those in 1 day? If you going to rush through everything then:
Probably start with Arashiyama for the Bamboo forest, and check what time is the scenic Sagano ride. Most attractions are only open 8pm or 9pm, if you could finish most Arashiyama by 9:30 or 10am.

You could then rush to Kinkakuji and Ninanji, if you could finish by 12PM, you could drop by at Nishiki Market to get some food before heading to Higashiyama and Kiyomizudera (or you could go to Gion after Nishiki Market before heading to Higashiyama).

If you could finish Nishiki/Gion/Nishiki+Gion by 1PM or 1:30PM, you could probably have 3-4hours at Higashiyama and Kiyomizudera.

Best to leave Higashiyama area before 5PM though so you could head towards Fushimi Inari (alternatively, you could start at Fushimi Inari in the early morning to have a look, take some pictures and leave, a full journey into Fushimi will take few hours).

Night time you could grab food at Pontocho or Gion area.

You have to check the journey time between each place though but if you limit a short time in each spot, you could probably rush everything through.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Suggestion 2014/8/26 12:58
Most attraction are only open at 8-9AM* , correction there.

Re: Kyoto Suggestion 2014/8/26 15:50
is 3-4 hours is average time spend on Higashimaya and Kiyomizu, I thought 2,5 hours is enought, is there so much to see?
and is late afternoon in Kiyomizu is still packed with people?
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Suggestion 2014/8/26 15:57
You could probably even rush through in 2hours, it really depends on what you want to achieve by visiting Higashiyama + Kiyomizudera.

Kiyomizudera is constantly packed with people (Higashiyama too), you could actually spend few hours at Kiyomizudera if you decide to check the trails behind it, but as mentioned, if you just want to be there and have a look+take photos, it is totally to stick with your time limit. Just make sure you have a good walking shoes and google map at hand.

reply to this thread