Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I apply for a working visa in Japan? 2014/8/26 21:30
Hello, I am a chef going to Japan with my partner who has to go there for studying reasons. I was thinking about going there on a tourist visa and then once I find a job , to apply for a skilled labour visa. If it's not possible to apply for it inside Japan, I was thinking about going to Korea and go back in a few days, do you think is it gonna work?What do you suggest?Since I'm italian, I can't apply for a working holiday visa unfortunately...thank you! Claudio.
by fracchialice  

Re: Can I apply for a working visa in Japan? 2014/8/27 18:03
What you want is not to apply for a visa but to change your status of residence. Yes, it is possible, you "just" need to find an employer willing to hire you and do the paperwork.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I apply for a working visa in Japan? 2014/8/28 00:06
So you mean that from a status of residence as a tourist is possible to turn into a worker without leaving Japan, once found someone who hires me?
by fracchialice rate this post as useful

Re: Can I apply for a working visa in Japan? 2014/8/28 07:55
Yes, its a simple process that involves submitting your documents (similar to the ones to apply for a COE) at your local immigration office.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread