Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica in Hiroshima & Western Japan 2014/9/8 22:47
I'll apologize now for a question which has no doubt been asked a thousand times already.

But is it possible to use the Suica card on the trains, trams, buses & subways of Hiroshima, Kagoshima, Osaka & Kyoto?
The reason I ask is because I don't want to have to get a number of different cards such as Icoca & Pitapa.

I understand that Kyoto buses currently don't have a means of accepting IC payments but that's something which is due to change by next Spring.

by Kari Haruka  

Re: Suica in Hiroshima & Western Japan 2014/9/9 08:38
But is it possible to use the Suica card on the trains, trams, buses & subways of Hiroshima, Kagoshima, Osaka & Kyoto?

It is explained on the following page (especially in the table in the second part of the page):
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

Hiroshima is special in that trams are not covered by Suica, but they are covered by Icoca.

In Kagoshima, only JR trains are covered.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Suica in Hiroshima & Western Japan 2014/9/9 22:19
Thank you Uji.

For the most part I will be able to get around Hiroshima with my JR Pass. And from what I read about the tram that is a flat rate of 160yen per ride? I can easily enough just pay for that with lose change.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

reply to this thread