Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/10 13:09
I have a 7:30 a.m. flight to Tokyo.

As far as I can find, the earliest arrival to the airport by either train or bus is 6:48 a.m.

Is that enough time?

Please note that I purchased a foreign traveler discounted ticket so I have to check in at the airline counter, which may take extra time.

The transfer time seems rather short to me, but taxi or private shuttle seem to be very expensive (more than $100 USD).

Thanks!
by stbrian (guest)  

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/10 14:09
Unless your plane has different standard on checking-in and gate closing time, no you will not have time for your checking in. (Check in latest by 90 min before departure time etc, check with your airlines)

Assuming you arrive at 6:48, walking to counter will probably 5-7min, 6:55, you have less than 35min for your flight, of course check in counter for flight would have closed by then. Not to mentioned possible queue on check in counter, the immigration and running to your plane etc.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/10 20:58
Thank you for your response, vinces7.

However, it sounds like you are talking about check-in for an international flight.

My flight is domestic only to Haneda airport.

Thanks!
by stbrian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/10 21:01
Check it with your airlines directly, will be safer that way.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/10 21:21
Domestic flights can be boarded (check-in counter) up to 15 minutes prior to departure. I'll have the same problem with my CTS-NRT-ORD connection.

If it were that it isn't sufficient time, then JR Hokkaido would have earlier trains. It should be fine.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/11 11:50
Thanks, John B.

It makes me nervous, but I think I will go with the train to arrive at 6:48--mostly because there is no good alternative and my tickets can't be changed.

The ANA website says that for domestic flights you only have to pass through security by 15 minutes prior to departure. That makes this transfer seem possible but there is basically no margin for error...

by stbrian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early transport from Sapporo to airport (CTS) 2014/9/11 12:25
CTS not so big and wide
from B2 train platform (B1 train ticket gate and train ticket counter)
to 2F Dep floor under 10min with direction signs a lot.
http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/tmap/

Maybe same situation travelers exist will run or walk faster follow them.

If worry change hotel to near airport.
No cheaper way from Sapporo by Taxi.
by Ahi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread