Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/12 19:43
Hello,

I'm wondering about the following pamphlet: http://tinypic.com/r/s4or9j/8

What do the prices include? If lodging is included, do I have to go to USJ on the day I arrive/ check into the hotel, or would I be able to go the day I check out? Does it cover transportation for any time of the day? I see something in the lower right corner about an additional charge of 4880, though I'm not sure what that's for either. I can read a bit (such as the kanji for my city of Fukuyama and how much it would cost to go from there, etc.), but I'd like some help on the rest. :(

Thank you so much, guys!
by GoLizzy  

Re: JR-West package for USJ trip 2014/9/13 14:01
The pamphlet seems to be on a package offered by JR-West which consists of
(1) JR tickets to travel by JR-West to, inside and back from the designated area covering at least Shin-Osaka Station, stations on Osaka Loop Line and the section Nishi-Kujo -- Universal-City -- Sakurajima,
(2) Universal Studios Japan 1-DAY Studio Pass, and
(3) a Timed Entry Ticket to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which guarantees the holderfs entry during a specific time slot (either 11:30 - 12:30, 12:30 - 13:30, 13:30 - 14:30 or 14:30 - 15:30).
http://www.jr-odekake.net/navi/usj/

The validity term of this JR-West package should be 3 consecutive days by the end of March 2015, and a visitor can purchase one from one month ahead until the previous day of the first day of its validity.

Pamphlets on this JR-West package are issued in different editions by where a visitor starts using JR-West.
The one in your photo seems to be the edition for those making a trip from Okayama, Fukuyama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Hakata or Kokura Station.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/14 12:07
Thank you so much!

Does that mean it does not cover shinkansen, but instead the normal train? Also, is there no hotel in the package?

Thank you!
by GoLizzy rate this post as useful

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/14 13:55
Does that mean it does not cover shinkansen, but instead the normal train? Also, is there no hotel in the package?

It covers Shinkansen (reserved seat) for both directions. Hotel is not included.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/14 15:12
Thank you!

I now have to questions about that.

1) Can I reserve the shinkansen for any time of the day?

2) Do I have to go to USJ on the day that I arrive, or can I go the next day (the day I plan to leave)?

Thank you.

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/14 15:44
1) Can I reserve the shinkansen for any time of the day?

Yes.

2) Do I have to go to USJ on the day that I arrive, or can I go the next day (the day I plan to leave?

You can go within the three days for JR ticket. I think you must reserve "Timed Entry Ticket to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter".

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/17 07:43
Thank you!

One more question-- can I just go to a JR window at a station to set this up, or do I have to call and pay by card or something?

I don't have a card...

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/17 07:55
You don't need a credit card. You can buy the ticket at "Midori no Madoguchi" in the JR station or major travel agencies such as JTB.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/17 11:22
Wonderful! So they will ask me the time slot I want for the timed entry ticket to HP and everything there then? Thank you, Frog :)

Re: Pamphlet translation for USJ 2014/9/17 12:03
So they will ask me the time slot I want for the timed entry ticket to HP and everything there then?

Yes.

They will ask you:

1. Date of travel.
2. Which train do you want to reserve?
3. The time slot for the timed entry ticket.

Further they might ask you whether you need accommodation. If you do not need, just tell them so. If you are not fluent in Japanese, you might better take a printed page of Hyperdia which describes the train you want to ride.

They should be used to issue the ticket, so do not worry. They should know what you want to do.

reply to this thread