Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 09:50
So, I need advice. There is this French exchange student at my school who is one year older than me (She is a senior) and I have a crush on her. She seems more quiet and artsy, which I am as well.

The only class I have with her is lunch and I see around the lunch room. I want to talk to her but I know she already sits with other people. Any advice on how to build a friendship?

I'm shy and have hesitated to talk to her the past week or two.. please help!
by BlooMikado  

Re: Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 11:40
You are in the US and the student in question is French. What does it have to do with Japan/Japanese?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 12:54
"What does it have to do with Japan/Japanese?" Answer: he like Japan culture and she may like Japan culture too. So if they can talk about Japan and what they like about the country that would be a good way for him to 1) opening the door to start talking to her 2) she see how he is into other cultures and 3) a way for him to get her attention because they both may like Japan

Right there dude. But if she there for a while at your school don't waste time trying to make moves at the end she moving back home when her time up.
by SomeGuy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 13:46
tell her how much you love anime.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 21:41
How did you know she was French if you only have lunch at the same time?

Either way, all you need is an icebreaker. If you are generally interested, you could mention that you or someone else is going to France and you wanted to know what she would recommend you or that someone else do there. From there, you can pick and choose your topics e.g. what is she studying...etc. Once you've broken the ice, if you see her around campus, you can say "hello" and conversation should come more easily.
by Jemineye rate this post as useful

Re: Personal Exchange student advice 2014/9/13 22:26
Man up and just tell her. It's the same advice everyone gets. There's no secret method.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread