Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ginkaku-ji and Philosopher's path 2014/9/14 23:03
I'm staying 2 days in kyoto next srping and on the second day, I plan visiting daigo-ji in the morning and right after that (around 1pm) heading to the philosopher's path and to ginkaku-ji.
I'm thinking of having lunch in the philosopher's path ( we're going to walk to ginkaku-ji ) and I plan to arrive around 3pm in the temple. But I have two questions regarding this itinerary:

-Are there many restaurants in the philosopher's path?

- Is around 1h30min enough for visiting ginkaku-ji? I just plan on visiting the silver pavillion and having a quick look around the gardens and other nearby attractions.

Thank you very much! :)
by Lyneais  

Re: Ginkaku-ji and Philosopher's path 2014/9/15 11:51
-Are there many restaurants in the philosopher's path?

Yes, not many, but there are a few. Many of them are small with a very limited menu. There is one attractive Italian restaurant (across the canal) with outdoor seating that is a little bit larger.

- Is around 1h30min enough for visiting ginkaku-ji?

The average person will probably spend around 30 minutes. 90 minute will allow you to take in the temple at great detail.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread