Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/18 13:33
1.I would like to buy Tokyo Monorail+suica card(2700 yen)from Haneda airport so I need to know Suica card can use to go to Shinjuku st.,Kuramae St.,Kawaguchiko area,kuramae to Utsunomiya st.,kuramae to Maihama (This five station are in my travel plan)
2.Can I buy Tokyo Metro 2 day pass(980yen)from Haneda airport?
Thank you for answering.
by JLN (guest)  

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/18 18:15
Hi There.

The Tokyo Monorail+Suica package is no longer available. You can buy a Suica card in Haneda Airport but there is no special deal available that I am aware of. You can use the Suica on the Tokyo Monorail. The Suica card can be used on to go to Shinjuku station ans Kuramae station. It can not be used in the Kawaguchiko Area, it can not be used for the trip from Kuramae to Utsunomiya. It can be used to go to Maihama. If you are planning to go to Utsunomiya and Kawaguchiko from Tokyo, I would suggest you look into the JR Kanto pass which is 8300 yen for 3 days of travel on JR Trains including Shinkansen in the Kanto region (Including Tokyo, Nikko, Kamakura etc). Also look up the best routes to the places on your itinerary on Hyperdia.

2. Yes you can. But it is only for use on the Tokyo Metro lines. I would suggest buying the Tokyo Subway ticket which costs 1200 yen for 2 days and gives you unlimited use of Tokyo Metro and Toei Subways.
by Main777 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/18 20:11
thank you for your suggestion.
by JLN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 07:53
@Main777 Hi. I was under the impression that the SUICA card is a pre-paid card for paying the ticket fare, and that it was "universally" accepted throughout Japan for train, monorail and subway payments as long as you have enough money in it, ever since all other similar cards where made compatible to it. That is, besides any particular deals that may be available at times. By your answer I get that I am wrong? Are there any areas where I should use a different prepaid card because SUICA is not accepted? Are there train stations/lines where no pre-paid card is permitted? Buses? Thank you!
by guillep2k rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 08:33
@guillep2k

what Main777 mentioned is about monorail pass.
you somehow misread/misunderstood it wrongly.
Yes Suica card is now acceptable nationwide, even paying at convenience shop/vending machine
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 09:00
Also, it's not necessarily appropriate to buy the 2 day pass. The OP should assess how much they're actually going to be spending on transport on those 2 days. I'd be surprised if it was worthwhile.
by qwerty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 12:13
Are there any areas where I should use a different prepaid card because SUICA is not accepted? Are there train stations/lines where no pre-paid card is permitted? Buses?

IC cards in general and SUICA in particular are not quite universal yet. They are widely accepted around major city centers, but there are still large parts of the country where they can't be used. I suggest reading this page and then comparing to your itinerary:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 14:35
These cards are regional (Kansai, Kanto etc.) but can't be used for long distance trips between regions.

For these trips one use a country wide JR pass or special JR regional passes.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card & Tokyo metro 2 day pass 2014/9/24 17:09
I just need to know the Round ticket that is useful for travelor from Haneda airport to Shinjuku station.
Or someone can suggest me about the place to buy ticket in Haneda airport
(it's my first time to go to Japan.)
Thanks you for everyone
by JLN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread