Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 00:05
Hi netizens, I am actually going to Japan this December 2014 for the 1st time. So I would like some suggestions or ideas regarding the itinerary, especially regarding the public transportation (i.e train,bus)
This question might already been asked a gazillion times but hopefully you guys could still help hehe ;)

So here's my tentative itinerary:
Day 1- arriving at KIX at night (staying there)

Day 2 - Osaka to Kobe (Kitanacho - Sorakuen Garden - Chinatown - Meriken Park); then go back to KIX to leave for Kyoto (Keihan) - though i would wish that i could make it to the Arashiyama Hanatouro 2014 (last day)

Day 3 - Eastern Kyoto + Gion

Day 4 - North + West Kyoto

Day 5 - Central Kyoto + Nabana no sato

Day 6 - from Kyoto to Osaka (Otemae); along the way will go to Osaka Station City - Umeda Sky building - Nakanoshima - Dotombori

Day 7 - Universal Studio Japan

Day 8 - Osaka Aquarium - Castle - Museum - Shinsaibashi

Day 9 - Free & easy

What do you guys think? Feasible? and please do enlighten me on the various train passes (for cheaper price combo or something haha)

Hope to hear a respond soon. Cheers & have a great day guys.
by EthanLWH (guest)  

Re: 9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 12:43
What do you mean by "then go back to KIX to leave for Kyoto (Keihan)?" Go back to the airport?
by sumisu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 12:50
Well Im gonna be staying at Nikko Kansai airport, plus I wouldn't be bringing along luggages to walk around Kobe. So I was thinking of going to Kobe then go back to hotel to get the luggages and leave for Kyoto.
by EthanLWH (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 14:20
What you should be doing is using takkyubin to send your luggage from the Nikko to Kyoto. Since it's not same day delivery, you will need to prepare an overnight bag. Going all the way back to KIX to get your luggage is a huge waste of time.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 14:20
On Day 2, you should either forward your luggage to your Kyoto hotel (next-day delivery, so be sure to take a daypack with you), or at least bring your luggage as far as Osaka station, leave it at a coin locker, go to Kobe, and on your way from Kobe to Kyoto, get off the train once to pick up your luggage.

If will be a waste of time if you need to go KIX hotel - Osaka - Kobe - Osaka - KIX - Osaka - Kyoto.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N itinerary in Japan (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto) 2014/9/20 19:36
thanks for all the suggestions! will have a look into it :)
by Ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread