Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/9/21 20:07
Hi,

I searched through this forum, there were some old threads on this topic, hence I decided to start a new one.

I intend to travel from Kansai Airport to Kyoto station, then from Kyoto Station to Nankai Namba station in Osaka. I have some questions:

1) Can I use this card on the buses in Kyoto?
2) Does the train stop at Nanakai Namba station from Kyoto Station? From the link: http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruka... it doesn't seem to stop here. That means I have to change a train at some station?

Thanks for the advice!

Justin
by Justin Jalan (guest)  

Re: Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/9/22 08:48
Note that the Icoca is the card, and the Haruka is the name of the airport train.

Can I use this card on the buses in Kyoto?

The Icoca card will be accepted for payment on Kyoto city buses from December 24, 2014.

2) Does the train stop at Nanakai Namba station from Kyoto Station?

No, there are no direct trains.

That means I have to change a train at some station?

Yes. The easiest is to take a JR train to Osaka Station and then the Midosuji Subway Line to Namba. Then walk to Nankai Namba Station (less than 5 minutes).

You can look up train connections here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/10/5 09:13
Hi Uji,

Thanks for your kind reply.
Yes. The easiest is to take a JR train to Osaka Station and then the Midosuji Subway Line to Namba. Then walk to Nankai Namba Station (less than 5 minutes).

Since I will be using Icoca & Haruka Card, I guess I will not be able to use this card on the JR line?
by Justin Jalan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/10/5 10:00
Since I will be using Icoca & Haruka Card, I guess I will not be able to use this card on the JR line?

Yes, you will. Icoca certainly is valid on JR trains. It is the IC card issued by JR! In addition, it is also valid on most non-JR transportation in the Greater Osaka/Kyoto area (and many other cities), including the Midosuji Subway Line.

Re: Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/10/5 10:48
Hi Uji,

Pardon my ignorance and thank you for your answer.

So my plan is to stay in Kyoto, then go to Osaka and then go back to Kansai Airport

My Trip will be:
1) From Kansai airport go to Kyoto station
2) From Kyoto Station go to Gojo station (hotel is near this station)
3) From Gojo Station go to Tennoji Station (Osaka hotel is near this station)
4) From Tennoji Station to Kyoto Station.

I know for 3) from Kyoto Station to Tennoji Station I can take Haruka Express. So can I buy the tickets for from Kyoto Station to Tennoji Station when I purchase the Icoca & Haruka Card at this airport?

Thanks for advice.
by Justin Jalan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka Card 2014/10/5 16:55
I know for 3) from Kyoto Station to Tennoji Station I can take Haruka Express. So can I buy the tickets for from Kyoto Station to Tennoji Station when I purchase the Icoca & Haruka Card at this airport?

The Haruka portion of the Icoca&Haruka package is for train transportation from/to the airport. Please read the basics here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_icoca_haruka.html

reply to this thread