Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Visa, University or College Degree 2014/9/26 08:06
So ive been to Japan for a year on a working holiday visa, but I had to come home because I hadn't finished my degree. As I know I need to have a University Degree (in anything) to qualify for a work visa as an English teacher. So I returned back to art school and will be getting a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts. However my school that I am attending is a "College"

Im wondering if the Degree has to be from a "University"??? or if it doesn't matter as long as it is a 4 year bachelor degree? Where im from, a degree from Uni or College wouldn't be different from one another.I only came back to school so I can live in Japan and if it needs to be from a "university" then I will transfer to a university.

Thanks!

by John (guest)  

Re: Working Visa, University or College Degree 2014/9/26 12:13
It just needs to be a bachelor's degree. In some countries, college and university are equivalent.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working Visa, University or College Degree 2014/10/1 18:28
It depends on where you're from. If you're from the US, I guess you guys call it 'college' over there (correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not from the States). But all in all, it's just the difference in name regardless it's called university or college as long as your course is a bachelor's degree.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread