Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you swim in Kamikochi? 2014/9/30 20:43
I am traveling there from October 3-7 and since weather is expected to be nice, I am wondering if you can swim in the rivers there?
by Javier (guest)  

Re: Can you swim in Kamikochi? 2014/10/1 14:23
I wouldn't think so, the side of Taisho-ike pond is all swampy and further upstream it is all rocks and you can wade through the river.

You probably would have more fun at the bokuden-no-yu cave bath at Nakanoyu onsen which is located just before the entrance of the bus-only tunnel entrance to Kamikochi at the Nakanoyu bus stop.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Can you swim in Kamikochi? 2014/10/1 14:27
This is the river that we encountered at Kamikochi: https://www.travelblog.org/Photos/2088180
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Can you swim in Kamikochi? 2014/10/1 15:06
I went in up to my knees at Taisho pond, near the bus stop. It isnt marshy there, but it is very rocky. It was freezing cold (May this year). I didnt see any signs against swimming, but I dont know that it would be such a good idea, or if it is permitted. There is a nice grotto up a little from there but it is full of mosquitos and midgies.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread