Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mazda factory tour 2014/10/3 16:45
Anybody participated in the Mazda factory tour in Hiroshima?
I do not know Japanese but I may not be able to make it for the 10am English tour.
If I really want to visit the factory, I can only make it at 1.30pm which is the Japanese tour.
Anybody in a similar situation and still recommend a go?
Thank you.
by Tae (guest)  

Re: Mazda factory tour 2014/10/4 13:21
I went on the English tour, but I doubt it's any different than the English tour. You won't understand the explanations but you can see all the cars on display and the production line of the Mazda2 (at least that's the one I saw). You won't be able to ask questions, but since it's free, I doubt it'll be a deal-breaker. The only question I could muster was how long did the plant shut down after a recent M5 earthquake in the Seto Inland Sea. Since the robots assembling the cars have to be exact, the earth shaking couldn't do any good to the calibration. It turns out, they only stopped for a day to make sure everything was good. The lady giving the tour complimented me on my "unusual" question. She actually had to call someone to get an answer.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Mazda factory tour 2014/10/4 13:31
Heh, John, you have asked an intelligent question!

I will sign up the English tour at 10am, thereafter proceed to Miyajima for a lunch on oysters and a visit to Daisho-in.

Also, as no photography is allowedin the plant, where were you belongings stored?

Did the tour end punctually at 11.30am?

Thank you.
by Tae (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mazda factory tour 2014/10/4 14:16
You are allowed to take photos of the cars on display in the "museum" portion of the tour. There's no need to store you camera anywhere. You can take the camera with you. Just be on the honor system and don't take photos.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread